Thread: First Webley Junior box type ?

First Webley Junior box type ?

Just got in a few Webleys for refurb. One tinplate Junior was in this box, is it the first box issue for this pistol ?

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

box

1st junior box has Birmingham and London address 2nd type had Birmingham address .its the correct box for your tin grip

Some early Tin Grip Juniors were also supplied in the 'Birmingham & London' Wood Grip Junior boxes, but generally, most Tin Grip Juniors were supplied in the 'Birmingham' address boxes as said above.

Thanks for info folks, so I suppose the box with both addresses is hard to find ?

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Thanks for info folks, so I suppose the box with both addresses is hard to find ?

Baz
    It certainly is.
    As a special request, I replicated B&L label to keep another collector happy with a box in which to keep his Wood Grip Junior. I used an old monochrome picture for the address pattern, and it turned out very well.
    The B&L label appeared to have no code in the bottom left corner, but the Birmingham only addressed label had the code C40.

Interesting, thanks, found this pic which must be similar to the Junior the one.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Interesting, thanks, found this pic which must be similar to the Junior the one.

Baz

Nothing like it Baz. Both early Juniors had the same style box as yours,apart from the address.