Thread: Heads up Another LGM 1

Heads up Another LGM 1

LGM1 Protek supplies £595

Quote Originally Posted by 10/10 View Post
    LGM1 Protek supplies £595

Its a bit like waiting for the number 3 bus - you wait for ever and then two arrive at the same time!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Lgm 1

Nice to hear from you Bob I suspect that you are scraping by on your last few million?

Pricey?

I had a look at the weekend, and it is a lovely thing, though there are quite a few small dents on the cheek side of the butt end - we thought it was possibly due to other rifles knocking into it when moved in the gunrack. Thought it rather pricey though, and told Vic that all of the ones I had seen from the last two years were listed around £435 (Gunstar), some of these being LGM2s.

Nice to hear from you Bob I suspect that you are scraping by on your last few million?
    Ha - sadly not in your league Alan - but my state pension keep me ticking along nicely
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Had a look at the rifle in question today, very impressed by the design and function, a few issues with it for the price, like rust in the trigger adjusting screws, the marks in the stock and other small marks here and there. Now I have seen one in the flesh that's what I will be on the look out for, of a similar maker like FWB etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    Had a look at the rifle in question today, very impressed by the design and function, a few issues with it for the price, like rust in the trigger adjusting screws, the marks in the stock and other small marks here and there. Now I have seen one in the flesh that's what I will be on the look out for, of a similar maker like FWB etc.
    It needs to be mint for that price, and that one isn't. The 300S is okay, but again needs to be mint at that price, and that one came in very different to how it is now presented.

I did ask what they would do for cash, £570 would be their lowest, they said they had two people interested in it, one wanted to see more photos which i think will be disappointed in its condition for price. The other i would walk away and wait. Just for interest what would be the expectant price for a mint LGM-1 LGM-2 LG90 LG210 or FWB 600-603.

That is what Vic offered me too; the only ones I have seen recently were on Gunstar for £415 to £435, for LGM 1 and 2s. I have seen FWB 600 series for a bit more, but not recently. I think that SSP rifles are relatively rare in comparison to either springers or PCPs, as they were only in full production for a few years between these two other power plants, along with a bit of CO2, so there is possibly some speculation on price due to rarity - that's my take on it. As with all of these things, there are more available in Germany.

theres a asi supermatch on freeads for £195 i think...not really a gamo walther barrell and german "f" stamps as accurate as all the others...fantastic trigger......its not mine by the way...cheers ian

Walther LGM-1

Hi to all when someone finds a mint one of these for £435 please let me know

Hi to all when someone finds a mint one of these for £435 please let me know
    Indeed, wouldn't we all like that?

I don't mind paying top money for mint equipment, but I refuse to pay top whack for stuff that is tatty just because it is a bit scarce.

I second that. Nice rifles are worth the wait and to gather the pennies for.

I second that, nice rifles are worth the wait and worth the money to save for a higher price. Makes you wonder how the rest of the rifle has been treated that you can't see especially if the stock is tatty, it not as if it was a sporting rifle where you would get the odd knock or scratch it's a match rifle that rests on a table.

The Protek one is sold, wonder if anyone on here bought it?