Thread: Feinwerbau 124 Sport .177

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    People recommend a BSA superstar piston seal sized down slightly as a better material than original.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Strip down guide over in 'Idiots Guides'. I had exactly the same issue ... crumbled piston washer. Breech seal is 3mm c/s 16mm od, 10mm id and maybe worth replacing. Quite straightforward but the comment about tying the safety slide and trigger unit as it comes out is correct ... cable tie or twisty tie to hold the safety slide on the trigger housing as it releases from the action. But no need to panic if it does come apart ...
    Cheers, Phil

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    People recommend a BSA superstar piston seal sized down slightly as a better material than original.
    some tubes are slightly larger than others, so the supersport seal is also useful in larger tubes (but will still need some sizing)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Macarri aka air rifle headquarters has loads of spares etc for sports

Another beauty, Duggan.

Has anyone tried a V-Mach seal (ot kit) in one of these?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

HI gents, Landymick ive tried to do some close ups of the front sight and butt pad, so that you can perhaps confirm what you are thinking.

Muskett i've also tried to do close ups of the trigger and scope mounts. The trigger is plastic, i cant see any writing on the mounts to confirm a make. I gave the rifle a quick oil on the previous photos, so the action looked 'marked' to me it was just a little dust in the oil, everything looks immaculate as the day it was made. Another bonus for me is that the scope comes with what i would think are the original scope caps and all the rifles with period gun slips.

More close up photos....

Many thanks for commenting and all the advice, its much appreciated.

Cheers.

One thing to be particularly careful of when stripping the rifle is the safety catch 'flaps'. These are only sheet steel and easily damaged/snapped off.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=4&o=63

HTH
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 02-12-2016 at 10:08 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

The rifle looks very nice! If you're planning to keep the two-piece 'scope mounts, I would buy one of these arrestor blocks if I were you.

Agree with I.J. about the 'wings' on the safety slide - I shaped a bit of wood to fit the spring compressor so it would bear on the centre of the slide, with cutouts to protect the wings.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Another beauty, Duggan.

Has anyone tried a V-Mach seal (ot kit) in one of these?
    Hi Tony
    I have a v-mach kit in my fwb sport, and it totally transformed the gun.The original piston seal went to mush and disintegrated,so I replaced with a kit from v-mach..
    Regards
    Les.

If the V-Mach kit for the Sport is like the ones for many other guns, I'd also guess that it will use a shorter, stiffer spring, Les?

So, much easier to rebuild?

I know many people in the know will prefer longer / softer springs, but the shorter / stiffer ones can sometimes boast softer piston landing, so preferred by many? I know I'm delighted with the ones that I've fitted in mine and others' HWs.

I'm also going to guess that it's a nice fit on the guide?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    If the V-Mach kit for the Sport is like the ones for many other guns, I'd also guess that it will use a shorter, stiffer spring, Les?

So, much easier to rebuild?

I know many people in the know will prefer longer / softer springs, but the shorter / stiffer ones can sometimes boast softer piston landing, so preferred by many? I know I'm delighted with the ones that I've fitted in mine and others' HWs.

I'm also going to guess that it's a nice fit on the guide?
    The spring is a short stiff one, and is a nice tight fit on the guide, you get a steel Top-hat,piston sleave,piston seal,spring,grease lubes and instructions. It was much easier to fit , with not much pre-load to worry about.
    A big improvement over standard for me.
    Les..