Hi Gents, another of the collection i picked up last week. I admit that I knew nothing at all of them, yes i'd heard of the brand. But i knew nothing of the model. I've learnt quite a bit reading about them here, before i've posted this thread. It has what appears to be a plastic trigger, therefore im assuming it is a MK1 and a deluxe model perhaps.

I decided to buy it as i would descibe it as a really good looking rifle, great brand and perfect condition, oh and wonderful balance and lightness for hunting.

Now the pictures....

Now the problem. After taking the pics i decided to try it out. Cocked the rifle, put the slug in and pulled the trigger, a 'normal' crack was heard but i couldnt see any pellet impact. I opened the barrel and the pellet was still there. I shot the rifle again and the pellet didnt move. On closer inspection there is lots of creamy coloured plastic particles appearing under the stock. Therefore i assume the piston seal has crumbled with age. Would i be correct?

I should now obviously get this rifle serviced, its had virtually no use looking at it. Is it a big job?

Anyway, i take it that its just one of those things buying an old rifle. I just cant wait now to get it sorted and try it out.

Any comments or, advice would be very much appreciated, cheers