Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Price of PCP V Springers

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Thing is springer owners will spend £400 on a rifle then another £300 tuning it up, to reduce recoil.

£500 will buy a full pcp rig including a method of charging the air cylinder. The PCP does not recoil!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    If the kick off a tx or 97 is so nice why do lads spend hundreds of pounds and endless amounts of time trying to take the kick or recoil away if this was the case there woud be a lot of tuners out of business
    Must admit this is something I've never really understood

I can appreciate tuning a boinger to remove a harsh recoiling nasty twanger to certainly make it more user friendly.

However, playing devils advocate say you could tune a springer and even spend huge x amounts to have zero recoil isn't that now a pcp without the baggage?

The only character left would be the manual labour of breaking a barrel or pulling a leaver single shot loading and avoiding the air refill......hmmm think I'll stick to a cheaper PCP

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    In conclusion: Modern PCP's= Toyota Hilux : Modern Springer's= Land Rover Defender.

One is enjoyed by the person who want's to go shooting, the other by the "anorak" who has hours of free time to spend in a cold shed or garage getting it to shoot more like the former.....

Harsh but true!!
    Toyota? I'd say mercedes....innovative, nicely made,but fragile and furking expensive if it go's tats up .

Well I tried to like the Pro Sport again yesterday. Faffed around for at least an hour with a shifting zero, which in all fairness may be the crap scope which did work on a pcp without any drama, and finally got to a point where it was hitting fairly accurately (until of course zero shifted again). I hit a few free standing 15m and 30m silouettes which I was quite happy with and a 55 yard 10mm spinner (supported obviously) a few times in a row. BUT the bloody auto safety is not working again. I'm getting more than a bit pee'd off with that. I was happier with it yesterday, but still not feeling the love especially as I took the FTP 900 out of it's box and hit everything I wanted to first time without re-zeroing. Springer minger...!

I have both and have other types of power systems.I like them all and also really enjoy the challenge of shooting the different types.

I started with spring guns then move to the PCP route but if I get asked to do some vermin control it's a springer that gets used which namely a Chinese copy of a British gun.It does have a Sheffield made spring and a British made piston and was set up and tuned a professional Welsh airgunsmith and magazine article writer.(I have British made air guns as well)

I should wrap your Prosport up and send it to him if I was you.

I have tuned my own guns as well and they shoot very nicely but I have only done it once on that particular model where as a professional has tuned a particular model of airguns numerous times and knows the "in" and "outs".

There might be an issue with the rifle that your missing or it could be down to your technique?
    Is the power consistent ?

As you said it could be the scope,not all are suitable for a springers.

I like Dampa mounts on spring powered air rifles,elimates scope creep.

Have you tried different pellets? Clean the barrel then give it time to "lead up".

I have a problematic springer (cheap one), good job I still have a few hairs to pull out.