Thread: Shooting specs ???

Shooting specs ???

I've just seen this - I've not come across this idea before but could be useful to get that foresight in focus.

HERE

Looks like a good idea,hope the experts on here comment,thanks for sharing, Graham.

Interesting - I wonder how well they work and what optical clarity they can acheive.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

The frames will be the limitation; for rifle shooting, I don't see them as an improvement over standard frames. Yes you can adjust the focal length, but the lens won't be centred over the eye, and perpendicular to your line of sight.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Would be usable for pistol as long as you did not have an astigmatism (but high pecentage of spectacle users do), almost useless for rifle, I can't even see them as usefull for ordinary glasses, as you have to alter for reading and long, I think just a gimic, go to a good optician and get a correct set of glasses and then get shooting glasses also to the correct focal length for shooting including your astigmatism, i.e long plus 0.5 diopter for rifle, and forsight focal length for pistol.

I have a source of good cheap rifle frames from the states at $50, pistol just get the correct focus from a pound shop.

Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by tim s View Post
    The frames will be the limitation; for rifle shooting, I don't see them as an improvement over standard frames. Yes you can adjust the focal length, but the lens won't be centred over the eye, and perpendicular to your line of sight.

Ooh! That sounds defeatist Tim. I was thinking more of the technology as food for thought or possibly hacking them, chopping them in half and mounting them on an adjustable arm on a headband or some such. Unfortunately they look to be about £70 at the moment (but then I remember when the cheapest LCD watch was £70.)

I've also seen adjustable spec that have two sheets of clear plastic with liquid in between - changing the liquid pressure varies the focal length.