Thread: Valuation

Valuation

I might have a chance at a boxed MkV Airsporter in .22, serial GJ
    I believe this to be a loft sleeper in very good condition.
    Anyone give me a rough valuation? I know there is the metal target holder in the box.. polystyrene is there, not sure about the cardboard.
    Last edited by thisisdonald; 02-12-2016 at 09:58 PM.
    Donald

Airsporter

I sold a mint in the box with all the bits and pieces the other week for £360, if that helps, cheers Roll

Wow... that was a good price!! Can you email me some pics so I can compare when I go look at this one?
    I think that was way above the high end for this gun tbh... I've seen very good mk2s go for less than that
    Donald

Protek recently sold a boxed Mercury for £224 and a boxed Mercury S for £280 if that helps in establishing a ballpark figure.

Its the mint and box for these prices. Shadowing what a new gun would be, and the premium for being now a collectors "get them in best condition while you can".
    Used examples can be pennies especially if never a great gun in the first place. Price then is fun factor and basic condition. Good guns still retain value. I'm surprised by some prices demanded for some pretty average stuff like used Webley Vulcan MKII's at over £150. A mint one in box shouldn't be over £200 just because there were a lot sold. Webley MKIII's are another, but then again they have a following way above their shooting ability. Some guns will always sell because they were so good, but with a few models staying in production for so long and getting very plain then I wonder if they will do quite so well in the future??

Anyhow, its what the market will take. Too much and then its not going to move.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Wow... that was a good price!! Can you email me some pics so I can compare when I go look at this one?
    I think that was way above the high end for this gun tbh... I've seen very good mk2s go for less than that
    Sorry, havn't got pics, but was factory fresh, perfect polysterene, all thye pieces mint untouched including the hood cover, never attatched, even the box was the was nice, with only the factory tape marks, yes it was a good price but i reckon a dealer would have the same up for the £395-£450 mark, at the end of the day, somethings only worth what some ones willing to pay and although a lot of these were made , how many come up factory fresh. Only sold this, one to a fellow collector and two I thinning the collection and only want one of each rifle, have a mint Mercury S, and Airsporter S which I paid considerably more than £360 each. Hope this helps, cheers Roll

Thanks Roll... aye I guess mint fresh is worth a lot to a collector
    ...cheers mate
    Donald