Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TX 200 SR . down on power .

Quote Originally Posted by scimitar View Post
    Well having banged away to my hearts content . no piston weight has popped out 345 and having measured inside , there seems to be nothing more up the tube . if this is missing would getting one of mr tin bums kits with top hat solve this and account for the lack of power / pre-load .??? HOLLY

PS i wonder if the fella thought he was doing a 22 . nah surely not . probably rob then .

Hi holly, I have had a similar problem with getting the top hat out (if present)
    For some reason (physics wasn't my strongest subject) instead of tapping the latch rod onto a surface to free it up, grasp hold of the piston and hit squarely upwards with a piece of wood onto the bottom of the latch rod. This worked for me, I had really stubborn top hat to remove from one of my TX's
    P.s when you tire of the SR, let me know and I'll take it off your hands.
    ATB.

Well having banged away to my hearts content . no piston weight has popped out 345 and having measured inside , there seems to be nothing more up the tube . if this is missing would getting one of mr tin bums kits with top hat solve this and account for the lack of power / pre-load .??? HOLLY

PS i wonder if the fella thought he was doing a 22 . nah surely not . probably rob then .
    Measure from the back edge of the piston body to the bottom of the inside of the piston. You should get around 110 mm. If you get less than that, there is still something in there. Usually see a measurement of around 95 mm if the top hat is still up the piston. It's also possible that someone has dropped a few washers up the piston. I fill the piston with white spirits and let it soak overnight. I also have a thin rod I can slide down the side of the piston rod to agitate the offending weight, washer or top hat. Next day whatever may be in there will come out with the, bang the rod on a piece of wood method.

Long ?

Well i poked an allen key up there and measured it . 112 m Approx . so i take it banging any more will not help . ordered a tin bum kit which has one in it . so we will see . ??? HOLLY

PS surprising the amount of people who said they would like to buy it when it is fixed .

PSS cheers for all the help . will report back when kit fitted
    " BE YOURSELF , EVERYBODY ELSE IS TAKEN "

Kit

Kit arrived today . after looking again at the vid on you tube . fitted and reasembled the rifle and fitted the new scope . will test tomorrow and chrono . i did not use any of the extra power washers ??? HOLLY

Kit arrived today . after looking again at the vid on you tube . fitted and reasembled the rifle and fitted the new scope . will test tomorrow and chrono . i did not use any of the extra power washers ??? HOLLY
    No problem at all, but be prepared to add a washer or two if the chono results warrant them .....
    Cheers, Phil

Instructions

The instructions said to add washers to the top hat depending on the piston weight size . problem was that there was no piston weight / top hat in it . so just had a guess . the cocking action is certainly smoother and stronger than it was . i will be happy with ten and a half pounds or there about's ??? HOLLY

UP

The power was up only from 520 fps to 545 fps . so washers . the rear sledge bolt came loose after about 50 shots . is is adsvisable to lock tight this . seeing that it releases the internals ??? HOLLY

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    The power was up only from 520 fps to 545 fps . so washers . the rear sledge bolt came loose after about 50 shots . is is adsvisable to lock tight this . seeing that it releases the internals ??? HOLLY
    That rear bolt should be done up tight enough that it doesn't need loctiting, using a small bar through the hole provided for tightening purposes. Don;t go crazy though, it's ally. Soft loctite would be fine if it continues to be a propblem.

Out of interest, how much preload would you say you have in the gun right now ? ie how far does the end cap need be be shoved before you can screw that rear bolt in ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

and while you're at it holly
    measure the spring up for us please

length
    no of coils
    and wire thickness

there are 2 std tx springs mk 1/2 is quite a lot 'stronger ' than mk 3 ......just a thought ...

dunno this sr , i assume it's same as a mk 1/2 tx internals ,......any one ?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    dunno this sr , i assume it's same as a mk 1/2 tx internals ,......any one ?
    correct... mk3 spring will be useless in it...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Spring

The spring measures 8 and a half inches long . i think from memory that the pre load was about a inch and a half , roughly ??? HOLLY

Lie

Tell a lie . half inch of preload ??? HOLLY

PS 32 coils .

All washers now fitted . an inch an a half of pre load now . can't try it over the chrono yet as lost the circlip on the cocking lever . PING . don't it always happen ??? HOLLY

Too Many

Too Many washers . had to take two out , would not cock . now shooting OK ??? HOLLY

Tx200sr I don't think it's easy to take down

A standard tx200 is easy. A tx200 Sr is not. I have been staring at one all day cannot figure it out. I have taken off the rail I still cannot get the screen out