Thread: TX 200 SR . down on power .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scimitar View Post
    When Philly said there was two O rings . i had a look at what i had done . which was to place another O ring on top of the only one that was in it . . not quite the same size as the origional though . you get two O rings in the air arms service kit . looking at you tube it says that the top hat can get stuck in the grease ( lots ) at the top of the compression chamber ? too late tonight to bang it down to see if is there . the nylock bolt is not stopping it shutting . it stops just short of it i think and the chanel behind that is for debri i imagine ??? HOLLY

PS so what is the two bits of white plastic replacing the piston O rings i wonder .
    I think the 2 bits of plastic you refer to might be the piston bearings . they are quite a hard plastic , could be white , could be black ,and are designed to give the piston a low friction surface to run on .
    One is smaller and fits the front of the piston just behind the piston seal ,this bearing runs inside the comp tube.
    The other larger one fits in the stepped , rear part of the piston and runs in the bore of the main action / body of the gun .

They are bearings holly not seals and not to be replaced with o ring s . It is quite usual to see some scuffing on these bearings , dont worry unless it's really horrid , although if you have new ones in a service kit , then fit them.
    the piston should run freely down the comp tube while fitted to the action with no piston seal fitted . no lube at this point .

i'll try and sort some pics for you if that helps
    Last edited by hmangphilly; 09-12-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Piston weight

Well having banged away to my hearts content . no piston weight has popped out 345 and having measured inside , there seems to be nothing more up the tube . if this is missing would getting one of mr tin bums kits with top hat solve this and account for the lack of power / pre-load .??? HOLLY

PS i wonder if the fella thought he was doing a 22 . nah surely not . probably rob then .
    " BE YOURSELF , EVERYBODY ELSE IS TAKEN "

Well having banged away to my hearts content . no piston weight has popped out 345 and having measured inside , there seems to be nothing more up the tube . if this is missing would getting one of mr tin bums kits with top hat solve this and account for the lack of power / pre-load .??? HOLLY

PS i wonder if the fella thought he was doing a 22 . nah surely not . probably rob then .

Hi holly, I have had a similar problem with getting the top hat out (if present)
    For some reason (physics wasn't my strongest subject) instead of tapping the latch rod onto a surface to free it up, grasp hold of the piston and hit squarely upwards with a piece of wood onto the bottom of the latch rod. This worked for me, I had really stubborn top hat to remove from one of my TX's
    P.s when you tire of the SR, let me know and I'll take it off your hands.
    ATB.

Measure from the back edge of the piston body to the bottom of the inside of the piston. You should get around 110 mm. If you get less than that, there is still something in there. Usually see a measurement of around 95 mm if the top hat is still up the piston. It's also possible that someone has dropped a few washers up the piston. I fill the piston with white spirits and let it soak overnight. I also have a thin rod I can slide down the side of the piston rod to agitate the offending weight, washer or top hat. Next day whatever may be in there will come out with the, bang the rod on a piece of wood method.

Long ?

Well i poked an allen key up there and measured it . 112 m Approx . so i take it banging any more will not help . ordered a tin bum kit which has one in it . so we will see . ??? HOLLY

PS surprising the amount of people who said they would like to buy it when it is fixed .

PSS cheers for all the help . will report back when kit fitted

Kit

Kit arrived today . after looking again at the vid on you tube . fitted and reasembled the rifle and fitted the new scope . will test tomorrow and chrono . i did not use any of the extra power washers ??? HOLLY

Kit arrived today . after looking again at the vid on you tube . fitted and reasembled the rifle and fitted the new scope . will test tomorrow and chrono . i did not use any of the extra power washers ??? HOLLY
    No problem at all, but be prepared to add a washer or two if the chono results warrant them .....
    Cheers, Phil

Instructions

The instructions said to add washers to the top hat depending on the piston weight size . problem was that there was no piston weight / top hat in it . so just had a guess . the cocking action is certainly smoother and stronger than it was . i will be happy with ten and a half pounds or there about's ??? HOLLY