Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TX 200 SR . down on power .

Does

Does welsh willy do a service kit for a SR ? i see he does one for a TX 200 ??? HOLLY
    " BE YOURSELF , EVERYBODY ELSE IS TAKEN "

Service kit

Oh and TbT . anybody ??? HOLLY

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by scimitar View Post
    Oh and TbT . anybody ??? HOLLY
    Ask Nick at TbT, I'm sure he can do you a guide set for the TX200 SR.

Kit

Yes i will have one of his kits . just need to know why it is down to 520 fps . looking tonight with my limited experience of modern springers . what i thought was a Breech O ring at the end of the piston . was grease . so nothing ventured nothing gained . i got one of my delrin O rings of the right size to fit in the hole . de-cocked the rifle ( got some spring in it ) and pushed it home . try it to morrow . is this right ? is there supposed to be a O ring there . gotta come down anyway as i can see pieces of lead between the piston and the breech wall ??? HOLLY

Yes i will have one of his kits . just need to know why it is down to 520 fps . looking tonight with my limited experience of modern springers . what i thought was a Breech O ring at the end of the piston . was grease . so nothing ventured nothing gained . i got one of my delrin O rings of the right size to fit in the hole . de-cocked the rifle ( got some spring in it ) and pushed it home . try it to morrow . is this right ? is there supposed to be a O ring there . gotta come down anyway as i can see pieces of lead between the piston and the breech wall ??? HOLLY
    If you mean the breech seals, there will be 2 stacked on top of each other. Nitrile in 70 or 90 durometer is the correct material and the size is #108, 7/16" o.d., 1/4" i.d. with the cross section being 3/32". These are also used on the studs that receive the lock nuts for the rail. There is a small annular groove on the studs that the o-rings slip over to cushion the rail as it slides back and forth. I don't think the delrin will work, for the breech seals, but have never heard of anyone trying it. Pretty simple, it will work or it won't. The delrin will be hard to dig out once it's in place. I tried teflon #108 way back in a TX and it didn't work because the o-rings need to be able to squish a bit.

Breech seals / buffers = BS108

If you get desperate, PM me your address and I will send you a couple.

Cheers, Phil

that could well be your problem Holly .

That's not the piston by the way . that's the compression tube . The piston runs inside that .

if you have lead pieces ( old mashed pellet probably ) in the gap between breech of action and comp tube , the comp tube will be held away from it's forward position .
    This will result in the breech orings ....yes oring s plural ...there are 2 off em on top of each other .( BS108 as mentioned by others here) creating a poor seal against the end of the barrel ..

Suggest , strip her down , clean all that rubbish away , clean the internals and lightly regrease ( hardly any thing ) . bung in a couple of new orings if you feel like it ( for the pennies they cost, it's a no brainer )
    deffo where i would start at........

BE PROPER CAREFUL IF YOU THINKING OF CHEATING , AND DIGGING AROUND IN THE BREECH WITH THE GUN COCKED ..I MEAN IT HOLLY . ..IF THAT GOES WRONG IT'S BIG PROBLEMS......
    Last edited by hmangphilly; 08-12-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Taken

Cheers . took my life in my hands and stripped it . being a spring gun Virgin , this made me a bit nervous . despite all saying . yers mate , no trouble . everything came out easily and i did not lose the cir clip . there seems to be very little pre load if any on it , the spring measures eight and a half inches long . seems in good condition it had two washers on it . although i put the O ring in the end of the compression chamber ( as you say ) it was still only doing 520 fps , this morning . one thing i did notice was that the forward nylock bolt ( both bolts came out with the nuts ) stands a little proud under the end of the barrel as it comes through the cylinder . would that stop the compression tube seating properly . or is that normal . the only non standard part i can see is on the piston . it has in place of rubber O rings . some sort of plastic jobbies , white . pushing the piston up the tube . it seemed a decent fit ( to me ) no top hat what ever that is . i sent off for a service kit . spring and so on just to see what is what . cheap enough compared to PCP servicing . when i have had a go with that i will try on of TbT kits . quite good fun this . should have had a go years ago . only snag is i am a terrible spring gun shot . any advice will be good ??? HOLLY

PS Cheers hmangphilly

Hi Holly, never thought I would hear the day you were dabbling with real air rifles.
    Try all the usual suspects already spoken of - don't forget to check the cocking shoe as well. If this has to much slack, you will not get a positive lock up at the breach when returning the underlever.

Good luck - you are now one step closer to the holy grail - just tighten the sledge up and you'll have yourself a real springer!!
    I have had several SR's but always came back to a "normal" tuned TX as I found the SR to be a little difficult to get the hang of. Set up correctly, they are very dead to shoot though.

Now

Retired now so plenty of time to mess with slug guns ? the fella who was selling it , only wanted £ 250 for it in very nice condition with walnut stock . i thought what is to lose and a nice christmas present to me , from me . first time i have been inside one . next thing is to sort a shorter scope so as not to cover the port , with a bit of mag and start knocking over some targets ( i hope ) . that is if i can ever get the thing back together and running . cheers for any advice ??? HOLLY

Quote: ' i put the O ring in the end of the compression chamber '

Not sure here if you put one O ring in or the required two rings?

Cheers, Phil

2 holly ....2 0rings needed

When

When Philly said there was two O rings . i had a look at what i had done . which was to place another O ring on top of the only one that was in it . . not quite the same size as the origional though . you get two O rings in the air arms service kit . looking at you tube it says that the top hat can get stuck in the grease ( lots ) at the top of the compression chamber ? too late tonight to bang it down to see if is there . the nylock bolt is not stopping it shutting . it stops just short of it i think and the chanel behind that is for debri i imagine ??? HOLLY

PS so what is the two bits of white plastic replacing the piston O rings i wonder .

When Philly said there was two O rings . i had a look at what i had done . which was to place another O ring on top of the only one that was in it . . not quite the same size as the origional though . you get two O rings in the air arms service kit . looking at you tube it says that the top hat can get stuck in the grease ( lots ) at the top of the compression chamber ? too late tonight to bang it down to see if is there . the nylock bolt is not stopping it shutting . it stops just short of it i think and the chanel behind that is for debri i imagine ??? HOLLY

PS so what is the two bits of white plastic replacing the piston O rings i wonder .
    I think the 2 bits of plastic you refer to might be the piston bearings . they are quite a hard plastic , could be white , could be black ,and are designed to give the piston a low friction surface to run on .
    One is smaller and fits the front of the piston just behind the piston seal ,this bearing runs inside the comp tube.
    The other larger one fits in the stepped , rear part of the piston and runs in the bore of the main action / body of the gun .

They are bearings holly not seals and not to be replaced with o ring s . It is quite usual to see some scuffing on these bearings , dont worry unless it's really horrid , although if you have new ones in a service kit , then fit them.
    the piston should run freely down the comp tube while fitted to the action with no piston seal fitted . no lube at this point .

i'll try and sort some pics for you if that helps
    Last edited by hmangphilly; 09-12-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Piston weight

Well having banged away to my hearts content . no piston weight has popped out 345 and having measured inside , there seems to be nothing more up the tube . if this is missing would getting one of mr tin bums kits with top hat solve this and account for the lack of power / pre-load .??? HOLLY

PS i wonder if the fella thought he was doing a 22 . nah surely not . probably rob then .