Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some bits wanted

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Tell 2 on the backburner for now.
    Thank you for the above offers.
    I can use Webley pistol mainsprings if they are not too bad and a Junior one that is not as good as it once was would be handy to try to get a compromise between easy cocking and still having enough power to be fun for plinking (new ones are toostiff) A worn Tempest/ Hurricane barrel is still on the list for an experiment (the idea is to try and line it if the rifling is knackered).
    I am still after a rough Typhoon frame or a complete rough gun.
    Oh--and any interesting well built foreign pistols that are cheap.

Thank you for all the help so far----bits will hopefully be used on future projects or have been used already.
    Guy, next time I go up to my dad's, there's a siezed up BSA Scorpion laguishing in the loft. It had developed the infamous trigger fault long before it became "siezed", hence the languishing. It's yours if you want it, you're welcome to any bits you can salvage from it.
    Call it a thanks, for the Falcon.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Guy.
    The pre war junior I parted with had a post war barrel fitted and worked fine, just a thought. John
    snarepeg.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by duomatic410 View Post
    Guy.
    The pre war junior I parted with had a post war barrel fitted and worked fine, just a thought. John
    Thank John. It is a Pre War Webley Mk1 I'm looking for the barrel for. I've got a barrel for the Junior.
    It gets confusing with these things doesn't it?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Yes, confused Guy, me that is.😊 john
    snarepeg.

Disease

GGR it isnt a problem it is a disease and totally
    Uncureable

Tell pistol part

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Guy you may not have seen this? I could put you in touch with Harry if you like; maybe he can have two CNC versions made up in metal, if it's not too late?
    I really admire the way you guys ( no pun intended ! ) help out on the forum, and even more so what you can fix, Guy recently went above and beyond to help me out with my grandson s Merlin that am going to leave him , fantastic stuff , you should all be so very proud of yourselves, best of luck to you all, martintheveg.