Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
Essentially there seems to be four different versions of the Mohawk.

When the Mohawk was first anounced in 1991 there were just two versions - the single stroke 12ftlbs gun and the multi pump FAC gun.

Later on the two stroke 12ftlb gun was introduced, this was based on the FAC gun but had a built in pressure relief valve which regulated valve pressure on the second pump stroke to keep power below 12ftlbs.
I'm not sure whether the single stroke 12ftlb gun was still produced after the introduction of the two stroke 12ftlb gun ?

The fourth version of the Mohawk is the Daystate Sportsman MK2 --- the John Bowkett designed pumps for the Mohawk were produced for Titan in India.
When Titan stopped production of the Mohawk, Daystate bought the remaining pumps and fitted their own barrels, breeches, triggers and stocks and these guns were sold as the Daystate Sportsman MK2.

At present I have a two stroke Mohawk and a Sportsman MK2 and I'm waiting on delivery of another Mohawk action I've purchased.

All the best Mick
Very interesting. I did vaguely remember the multi-pump versions, but wasn't sure if I was confusing the Titan with the Daystate so didn't mention them. But I had no idea of the connection between the two.

I wonder if you could make a two-pump Dragon? Probably not? Isn't it a "proper" SSP, like a colossal FAS 604, that can only take one stroke? Whereas the single-stroke Titan is, in effect, a multi-pump that is physically impossible to pump more than once unless you are Godzilla?