Thread: Is the Titan Mohawk collectible or a mistake?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I wonder if you could make a two-pump Dragon? Probably not? Isn't it a "proper" SSP, like a colossal FAS 604, that can only take one stroke? Whereas the single-stroke Titan is, in effect, a multi-pump that is physically impossible to pump more than once unless you are Godzilla?
    Dragon valve is a bit "special"... would take a fundamental redesign to make it multi, not just a question of adding a check valve seal to the inlet side.

Personally I love dragons; much easier to cock and smaller arc than a mohawk, and the weight is fine too
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thought so, technical-wise.

I have one too, and have had for ages. But I fear I disagree with you. Unreliable, clunky, top heavy etc. Mine worked fine, then didn't hold a charge. Back to PH in the late 90s, who "fixed it" for free. Briefly worked fine, then seals gave out again. Handling reminds me of your non-favourite Sterling HR - top heavy with the addition of a whacking great lever dragging it down on one side.

I think Tom G in the Disunited States of America called it a "science experiment" rather than a practical air rifle. Think I agree with him. Either a bad idea, brilliantly executed, or a good idea, badly executed.