Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single stroke pneumatic rifle? (are there any?)

Single stroke pneumatic rifle? (are there any?)

Out of curiosity and perhaps some interest to explore further.

Does anyone make a single stroke pneumatic air rifle these days? (12ft/lb of course)

If not, who, and what models used to be available? I may be interested to look out for one.

Thanks
    Tim

The Air Logic Genesis designed by Richard Spencer. A limited number were produced in .22 although I have heard of one in .177. I know of at least one for sale locally. Its not mine - I could never manage to cock the damn things.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Also a Titan Mohawk, similar cocking effort required if you did not have the nack,,,,,,,,,,,,, a bit like a bullworker.,

Recently FX have the Independent out which is interesting, but a foot in both camps.

Some old target rifles also were ssp's
    Nice things happen to nice people.

As above, there were a few target rifles which were designed for low power target shooting, and the Genesis, Mohawk and Parker Hale Dragon were intended for the 12 ft.lb market. The problem seems to be the huge amount of effort needed to get enough pressure in the chamber in one pump to attain the power output. In my experience the Genesis was the most powerful. Webley were developing the Paradigm a few years ago, but it seems to have died unless anyone has more info on that. With development of multi stage pumps you would think someone would crack it.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Tried the Genesis and it was a sod to cock. I had a very nice Titan JB1 with interchangeable barrels which once you got the knack was fairly easy to cock, though the cocking/loading procedure was pretty slow compared to, say, a break barrel. It ran at abolut 10.8 in .22, almost completely silent with a silencer attached and was my favourite sniping rifle. Variable power, too.

Why the hell did I sell it???

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    As above, there were a few target rifles which were designed for low power target shooting, and the Genesis, Mohawk and Parker Hale Dragon were intended for the 12 ft.lb market. The problem seems to be the huge amount of effort needed to get enough pressure in the chamber in one pump to attain the power output. In my experience the Genesis was the most powerful. Webley were developing the Paradigm a few years ago, but it seems to have died unless anyone has more info on that. With development of multi stage pumps you would think someone would crack it.

Baz
    last I heard of the webley was the designer touting to the Chinese gun makers. that was a few years back.

Jb1

I'm hoping to have a look at a JB1 .22 later this week.
    A quirky collectible maybe? It'll fit fine in our house.

Looked at a PH Dragon at Melbourne the other week, simpler than the JB but not as pretty. And imo a little pricey.

Daystate Sportsman MK2 gives about 5 - 6 ftlbs for 1 pump, which is quite easy. Two pumps give you around 11 ftlb but taking multiple shots at this power is very tiring.
    Not sure if this is relevant, but if a recoiless rifle, non pcp, is what you are looking for ... try and find a Park RH91 or 93. Not a pneumatic but quite recoiless ... works on the opposing pistons principle .. and a superb rifle.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Daystate Sportsman MK2 gives about 5 - 6 ftlbs for 1 pump, which is quite easy. Two pumps give you around 11 ftlb but taking multiple shots at this power is very tiring.
    Not sure if this is relevant, but if a recoiless rifle, non pcp, is what you are looking for ... try and find a Park RH91 or 93. Not a pneumatic but quite recoiless ... works on the opposing pistons principle .. and a superb rifle.
    Cheers, Phil
    Yes Phil super accurate, through the scope used to watch pellets go through a single hole in the target, but oh what a weight, so it had to go in the end.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by CuppaT View Post
    Out of curiosity and perhaps some interest to explore further.

Does anyone make a single stroke pneumatic air rifle these days? (12ft/lb of course)

If not, who, and what models used to be available? I may be interested to look out for one.

Thanks
    Tim
    Somebody has just made a new SSP prototype.

19 ft-lbs and looks very easy to pump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdh0...ature=youtu.be

Quite ingenious, amazing nobody thought of using two levers before, should be a winner. He better get patent.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by brassbanjo View Post
    Somebody has just made a new SSP prototype.

19 ft-lbs and looks very easy to pump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdh0...ature=youtu.be
    Just watched that video, very clever, could make it much easier to pump if designed and proportioned for 12FtLbs

That's a really interesting development... However, they never seem to take off... I don't know why.. As I really like mine...

I think the JB1, Mowhawk and the Dragon are the ones most easy to get hold of... I have the JB1 from the first Airgun world review. It was handbuilt by John Bowkett... Nice and quiet operator...

However, I have more useful ones which are a multi pump and multi-shot airguns based on the JB1. For me the ultimate self contained airgun.

Its nice to see that this area of airguns is still persued..
    Cheers
    Alex

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Quite ingenious, amazing nobody thought of using two levers before, should be a winner. He better get patent.

Baz
    that's brilliant.....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

There's been a bit of a race over on the network 54 yellow forum for the last year or so, to design a new full power ssp rifle system... lots of interesting reading there.
    Donald