Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FX impact

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    When picking up my wildcat earlier this year a chap was in the shop picking up a .30 FX boss. I can't think how I would ever justify a .30 air rifle over .22lr, other than throwing .30 call lumps of silent lead being awesome!
    Every time I think of fac air I always resort back to the same thing..... Why not buy a .22lr Better trajectory, quieter, harder hitting, and three times as cheap

Quote Originally Posted by ian321 View Post
    Every time I think of fac air I always resort back to the same thing..... Why not buy a .22lr Better trajectory, quieter, harder hitting, and three times as cheap
    3 times as boring too..

Quote Originally Posted by stormraider77 View Post
    3 times as boring too..
    boring in what way? too accurate for targets? well thats utter tripe...too accurate for hunting? No such thing..you should be using the most accurate rifle that fits you.

Quote Originally Posted by ian321 View Post

Because several of my permissions will not allow powder burners on their land and whilst an air rifle pellet can ricochet at 30 FPE its still better than the notorious 40 grains Barnes Wallace bouncing bomb that is the .22LR.

Also...if it is an FX Impact or a couple of others you have an ability to change FPE and calibre to suit the change of venue and quarry...so barn feral to longer range .30 cal thumper.

I actually find .22LR to be the least reach for in my tool shed unless its NV foxing where the smack of the bullet is the loudest noise I want to hear.

There is always room for sub and FAC air for me
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill