Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which bins for up to £200 ..please recommend

The diamondback are getting great reviews so at this time are the choice i will make

just don't know which model for general everything what would lot on this fine forum choose 8 or 10x

And which diameter lens

Lower power is better.

A while back, one if the top manufacturers (Swarovski, Ziess, Leica) offered its 40 or 42mm binos in both 7 and 8 power, or 7.5 and 8.5. Every knowledgable reviewer said the lower power ones were better. But the higher power ones massively outsold the lower power ones. Because people think more is better.

I have never gone over 8.5 power for a hand held pair of bins, and have never felt a need to do do.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Lower power is better.
    o.
    Thank you for your advice. I have been looking power up and the Britney ratio is a third higher on x8 compared to x10 so lower is better

Since you really don't want to try them first there are a pair of Hawke Sapphire's in the ads here that are very well priced if you could stretch the budget slightly

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p124474-zei.../#.WEkjFEYpqR8

Bit over your budget .......

I bought these a few weeks ago and can really rate them.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
    Thank you for your advice. I have been looking power up and the Britney ratio is a third higher on x8 compared to x10 so lower is better
    A lowered powered bino, given the same objective diameter, will subtend a larger cone of light in to the eye and therefore is brighter and believe or not easier to pick detail on. The optimum cone size for the average human eye is about 7mm so full size binos of lets say 7X50 8X56 and 10X 70s are optimal for all types of viewing including astronomical work but quite bulky. So an 8X32 is much brighter and easier on the eye than a 10X32 and personally if I were to go for a 10 mag it would have to have a 42mm objective as a minimum.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    A lowered powered bino, given the same objective diameter, will subtend a larger cone of light in to the eye and therefore is brighter and believe or not easier to pick detail on. The optimum cone size for the average human eye is about 7mm so full size binos of lets say 7X50 8X56 and 10X 70s are optimal for all types of viewing including astronomical work but quite bulky. So an 8X32 is much brighter and easier on the eye than a 10X32 and personally if I were to go for a 10 mag it would have to have a 42mm objective as a minimum.

A.G
    Pretty much what I said, but perhaps more succintly put.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehill View Post
    Since you really don't want to try them first there are a pair of Hawke Sapphire's in the ads here that are very well priced if you could stretch the budget slightly
    Thanks for the info but it's a Christmas present
    So 2nd hand would be out of the question for the buyer

Any further recommended bins that are near the £150 mark rather than the £200