Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What do you think is the best looking factory break barrel is available

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    not Available nowadays but the theoben countryman is IMO the best looking break barrel ever made
    You do have a good point there.

Is the countryman the version with the beech stock? The best looking break barrel I've owned, I think, is a Scirocco 2000. Nice bit of walnut

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Is the countryman the version with the beech stock? The best looking break barrel I've owned, I think, is a Scirocco 2000. Nice bit of walnut
    Beech, but they have a simple elegance about them that is rather appealing.

Forgot to mention that I have always thought the BSA Super Meteor was very good looking. On the same principle. It just looks right. As does the Diana 27.

I thought so. I remember James Marchington from Airgunner had a Countryman back in the 80s. In fact , was that not his alias as well?
    As did a guy local to me slightly later.

I'm going a bit retro here guys; but can't pick an actual favourite; choices between my OR 60T [ thanks Bob]; HW55T or '68 LGV [ then there's the 'one of only two', GEM] and I guess the Milita has to creep in as well. The LGV is a marvel, totally silent and smooth as silk to cock, just a little 'snick' on latching and a dream to shoot, but all of the others have their own features; I leave you to make the decision.
    ATVB
    abellringer