I received my Remington 1911 this week and am over the moon with it.. I only had a few BBs, so was only able to test it briefly and it seemed fine.

But today my 4.5mm BBs turned up in the post and I am now able to test the gun properly and am having major issues.. The main issue seems to be double feeding.. After the gun fires, sometimes it jams, sometimes I get extra BBs which fall out of the ejection port... And on one occasion, had 2 BBs loaded in the barrel. I also got into a state where the "breach" had come forwards inside of the receiver and was jammed solid..

When I pull the mag out, there is a BB in the barrel (Which I guess is normal) and usually a couple rolling around in the receiver which then fall out.

I also find that after loading the BBs into the mag and inserting it into the gun, it sometimes hits something hard and won't go in the last few mm.. I have to take it out.. Mess around with the BBs and try again and after a few attempt can get it in.

The whole thing just feels wrong.. I have many Airsoft guns and am familiar with using Gas/BB guns.. But the 1911 seems very temperamental compared to other guns in my collection. Is this to be expected?

One thing I have noticed is that the BBs I have received say that they are 4.5mm, but they are actually 4.2mm.. Its odd, as they are "Remington" branded, so I would expect them to be a perfect match for the gun. Could it be that they are just too small?

Is this behavior normal?

Jon