Thread: bsa stutzen stock

bsa stutzen stock

the is a airsporter stutzen stock on the bay a mk 2 airsporter with a peep sight fitted put in a stuzen stock now that would be a looker

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    I have it in my watch it list - no intention of buying - it's just that I like to see what some idiots will pay over the odds for something you can still buy new - often 2 or 3 times as much as the new price - for a used example - can never figure that!
    It's already reached that price so I reckon it's going to be a goodun!
    If I am interested in buying something, I always do a check to see how much a new one costs - usually only takes a few minutes!
    I remember talking to a dealer/trader once - he often said that buyers would end up bidding twice as much for something they could 'buy it now' for from his e-bay store - just a couple of lazy clicks away!
    (fools and their money....)
    ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    these will go straight onto a std mk6 right ? Might get one from JK as I have a very tatty stock on my mk6 now...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    these will go straight onto a std mk6 right ? Might get one from JK as I have a very tatty stock on my mk6 now...
    You can always sell the tatty one on e-bay - probably fetch twice the price of a new one too!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post

John, I think the mk6 action would go straight in but the barrel on the Stuttie is much shorter at around 31cm from the front of the cylinder/breech block..

Can't get to my mk6 at the moment but it's definitely longer, Around 40cm from memory

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Ok, thanks... No problems trimming it down a tad.. it only cost me £25
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Where can you get a new airsporter stutzen stock I have been after one for ages, Knibbs has had a second hand one advertised for a few years but when you click on it its out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    Where can you get a new airsporter stutzen stock I have been after one for ages, Knibbs has had a second hand one advertised for a few years but when you click on it its out of stock.
    ah yeah, we were talking about the Knibbs one - as you say though, out of stock..

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    The last time I looked, they had 'new' Centenary stocks - similar to the stutty but Walnut instead of Beech - a little more expensive though!

ASM

I saw the Centenary stock I think its slightly deeper along the under lever part than the stutzen.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    The last time I looked, they had 'new' Centenary stocks - similar to the stutty but Walnut instead of Beech - a little more expensive though!

ASM
    Nope, they're all sold as well, like already said Knibbs have been out of stock for years.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

went for £122, as it's not in very good condition either