Thread: Valuation on a Daystate Merlyn please

Valuation on a Daystate Merlyn please

I have a Daystate Merlyn in a Mk4 style Walnut thumbhole stock. It was manufactured July 2009 so, it's totally mechanical and has the Harper valve.
    It has 1 ten shot mag.

I purchased it from an rfd that had recently taken it in from a collector.

It has front and rear sling studs fitted. It also has a couple of small marks in the finish that look like scratches from scope mounts.
    I've also managed to find a couple of small marks on the stock - these were very difficult to find.

Apart from those bits, it's in very nice condition and, it works flawlessly. I've had it down to the range twice and, I'm very happy with it's accuracy.

However, my collection seems to have grown again so, I'm thinking about moving this one on.

Thanks in advance

All of the above.

£450 +/- what someone is willing to pay for it.

I'd say around the £500 mark (maybe slightly more) around this part of the country. All according who wants to buy it, how much they want it and what there willing to pay. Seems rifles are a bit more expensive in this area of the country than more north.

And if it's the one I saw it's a nice rifle especially as it's in the thumb hole stock. You're going to have to try to resist more.

Ross

Thank you for the replies.

Ross, your spot on mate
    ..... I reckon you'd get on well with my missus

All of the above.

Got to agree with £500 mark. Not many Merlyns about but they are a very nice gun to shoot.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Cheers Rob.

All of the above.