Thread: BSA pistol grip caps

BSA pistol grip caps

Anybody know where I could obtain a rubber cap which fits in the stock retaining bolt hole on a BSA Airsporter, or perhaps if a member has one sitting spare anywhere. Thanks.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Anybody know where I could obtain a rubber cap which fits in the stock retaining bolt hole on a BSA Airsporter, or perhaps if a member has one sitting spare anywhere. Thanks.
    Hi, I had a bag blanking grommets back in the 80's ago from work that were almost exactly correct, with just a slight radius difference, I no longer have any I am afraid, but there will be bags of the things out there for pennies each if you mooch around online ......this sort of thing;

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/pr...rommet-no-hole

The link is just to show you what I mean, I don't have any later BSA's so cannot measure the grip drilling size to enable the start of your search.

ATB, Ed

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Any use mate? - look on e-Bay, there's a few selling them!
    http://www./itm/Blanking-Grommets-Ru...s0C2mr8mX1Qluw
    Apologies mate - the link I supplied appears not to be working - look up black rubber grommets - there are a lot on there!
    ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    Any use mate? - look on e-Bay, there's a few selling them!
    http://www./itm/Blanking-Grommets-Ru...s0C2mr8mX1Qluw
    Apologies mate - the link I supplied appears not to be working - look up black rubber grommets - there are a lot on there!
    ASM
    if you add "eblag.com" back into the link after clicking on it in your browser it will work - the bbs filters it out...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks. I will get measuring.

I measured 16mm? on my mk4 and 26mm? on my mk2 (that has the threaded hole for the larger screw in type 'bung' - having said that, it's a mk1 stock) as I had them 'handy'.

You should measure yours though mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    if you add "eblag.com" back into the link after clicking on it in your browser it will work - the bbs filters it out...
    Thanks Jon - I didn't know that!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Yes, does appear to be 16mm. But the hole in my stock seems to be oval with the widest measurement at a shade over 17mm.

Yes, does appear to be 16mm. But the hole in my stock seems to be oval with the widest measurement at a shade over 17mm.
    It's 'oval' due to the fact it's a round hole that finishes with an angled face at the bottom of the grip!

ASM