Thread: Webley Falcon / Milbro Diana 27 mystery

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent

Webley Falcon / Milbro Diana 27 mystery

I was looking for the rear sight for a Falcon MK 1, Protek said they had one but it appears to be for a MK 2.

They confirmed something I had read on here that the MK 1 may have used the same rear sight as the Milbro Diana 27 and they had one of those too. However the base of their sight dovetail is 6.5 mm whereas my Falcon is 9mm. All is not lost as I needed a rear sight for my Milbro Diana 27 so bought it anyway.

Just need to get lucky with the Falcon now !

Am I slowly becoming a collector ... that was never my intention
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Beagle View Post
    I was looking for the rear sight for a Falcon MK 1, Protek said they had one but it appears to be for a MK 2.

They confirmed something I had read on here that the MK 1 may have used the same rear sight as the Milbro Diana 27 and they had one of those too. However the base of their sight dovetail is 6.5 mm whereas my Falcon is 9mm. All is not lost as I needed a rear sight for my Milbro Diana 27 so bought it anyway.

Just need to get lucky with the Falcon now !

Am I slowly becoming a collector ... that was never my intention
    "Becoming a collector"??? If you're measuring dovetails, you're already a full-blown anorak
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    "Becoming a collector"??? If you're measuring dovetails, you're already a full-blown anorak
    My God ... you may be right, is there a cure ? Perhaps give the wife control of the cheque book ?
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    My God ... you may be right, is there a cure ? Perhaps give the wife control of the cheque book ?
    NO Then she'll just become a handbag collector. You just have to be strict with yourself and only collect boxed Webley pistols.
    Oh....but the BSA packaging was very attractive as well....Err, and some of the old Weihrauchs have wonderful workmanship...I wonder how many variants of... Stop it!
    No, there's no cure.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Thumbs up

It only gets worse i'm afraid THIS is a small part of my collection, I have to use the spare room now to house the rifles and as it's not that large, It's full to the Gunnels

I'm friends with a chap at Skipton (On Facebook) That has enough guns that he could shoot a different gun each day and it would take over two years before he'd fired every one in his collection!! That's a lorra lorra guns!!

By the way, I'd been looking for a Webley Falcon for a few months, I saw one in a local gunshop but it was more than I wanted to pay at £135, I hung on knowing that I was going to the Vintage airgun fayre at Melbourne two weeks later and bought THIS for £65

EDIT- I didn't even realise there was two mk's of Falcon, Realised my rearsight was a screwdown rather than a dovetail type so went googling images!! Presume mine is the later type then!!

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 13-12-2016 at 09:18 AM.
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Oh God this is terrifying. but that Falcon looks lovely for the money !

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

EDIT- I didn't even realise there was two mk's of Falcon, Realised my rearsight was a screwdown rather than a dovetail type so went googling images!! Presume mine is the later type then!!

John
    I've got a rough (yes nearly all of my guns are rough) one that has a low number (mid 300's without checking) and that should have the dovetail sight on it. The one is Hiller's book is 766, so they must have changed quite early on. Also, mine does not have the grub screw on the LHS of the cylinder to locate the trigger block (it doesn't have the hole in the cylinder or the block either so I don't think it is one that got through QC) so I am guessing the blocks were turning and they added the grub screw early on as well.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"