Thread: Mk 2 BSA Airsporter.22.

Mk 2 BSA Airsporter.22.

I have a nice tidy mk 2 Airsporter in .22 calibre that I would like to sell and thought I would try here to see if any of my fellow BBS members have any interest in it.

The blueing is OK and the etching can still be seen on top of the cylinder - but only just ! The stock is in good sound condition with almost all of the original varnish still in place.

The folding rear sight is complete and working and the loading tap pops up as it should when then rifle is cocked. This particular mk 2 is the type that has the two pairs of short scope rails and as far as I can see the rifle is a good honest original example that has never been restored.

A couple of years back the rifle was treated to a strip and lube and a new spring and it shoots very well - a full tin of pellets was shot through it during a trip to Scotland a few weeks ago with no problems.

I think this will make a nice air rifle for somebody for £140 delivered.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    can you send us a piccy or two please ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    can you send us a piccy or two please ?
    No Problem John - but I have just become a grandfather again so we are packing the car to travel down to Northampton to see our new grandson (wife cant wait!) but we will be back on Tuesday so I will do it them if that is OK?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    No Problem John - but I have just become a grandfather again so we are packing the car to travel down to Northampton to see our new grandson (wife cant wait!) but we will be back on Tuesday so I will do it them if that is OK?
    lol, I think you have your priorities right there... whenever you can mate, and congrats
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    lol, I think you have your priorities right there... whenever you can mate, and congrats
    Thanks John,

- we are late leaving so I took some quick snaps

Please send me your current email address and I will send them to you.

Bob.

The pictures I have taken show the rifle fitted with a new HAWK 4 x 32 sight on a pair of posh mounts as I have not had time to remove them (as I am in a rush to get out) but the rifle is not offered for sale with them fitted .

The scope (although not from the correct time period) was fitted for a bit of plinking and works very well indeed

The mounts were a nightmare to source as I could not find anything that fitted the rifle well, but the firearms type shown although very expensive have proven to be a perfect fit for the rifle and hold the scope very well with no movement detected after 500-600 shots.

Christmas offer - Rifle with the scope and mounts for £160 delivered !

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Christmas offer - Rifle with the scope and mounts for £160 delivered !
    Hello

Can I have a couple of photo's , please ??

Thanks

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Hello

Can I have a couple of photo's , please ??

Thanks

Sam
    I will send them to you now Sam.

Best regards,

Bob.

Hello Bob

Thank You for the pictures.

I will take this if its still available BUT please read my PM to you before accepting my offer.

Thanks,

Sam

airsporter

Bob can you please send me a few pictures of the MK2 air sporter

Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Hello Bob

Thank You for the pictures.

I will take this if its still available BUT please read my PM to you before accepting my offer.

Thanks,

Sam
    Provisionally SOLD to Sam99 .

Quote Originally Posted by mark@mbb View Post
    Bob can you please send me a few pictures of the MK2 air sporter
    Hi Mark,

The rifle is provisionally SOLD ( subject to the "usual") but I have sent you some pictures as requested.

Best regards,

Bob.