Thread: Original 45 Jubilee Model

Original 45 Jubilee Model

Perusing the classifieds for old Diana's threw up this interesting rifle. Strong, strong money.
    http://www.newsnow.co.uk/classifieds...obbies-leisure

Insane pricing.

Looks like its mint. These never went down particularly well as most preferred the standard. A mint boxed standard 45 might reach £300 with a good wind. Premium for a Jubilee?? £350 maybe; £400 pushing it. £500 would get something far more classy. These are not a BSA Centenary.

Having said that I've yet to see another mint one. For deep pockets for those that don't care, me thinks.

Thumbs up

I have a .177 Jubilee mod 45 The panels and badge were robbed out so it was cheap

I made two panels of walnut, I eventually oiled them same as the stock..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I have a .177 Jubilee mod 45 The panels and badge were robbed out so it was cheap

I made two panels of walnut, I eventually oiled them same as the stock..

John
    Yours is nicer looking. The standard panels do nothing for the gun. OTT. Hence why they never really sold too well. Not repeated on later Anniversary models as far as I know. The wee emblem on the pistol grip was enough.

Nice grain on yours also. Most are pretty plain. Including mine.

Anniversary model

That's crazy price.
    I love 45s but wouldn't pay anything like that.
    Serial no 177 or AK47 .

Never managed to get one boxed either out of the dozen or so I had.
    Had a couple of the anniversary models one I sold mint unboxed with manual booklet £300 earlier this year
    I always found the stocks on the first two years of production had at least some grain under the lacquer and could be nice 're finished.

Soft spot for these even know

I would say its worth what collectors of Original air rifles are prepared to pay. I doubt that they could get a better one for their collection and you can always buy cheaper. But they arent making these anymore. I have just picked up a mint one and i'm delighted with it. I wish the seller good luck.

Cheers

Original 45

I bought a Jubilee Original 45 from Blackpool Airrifles about 3 years ago. Cost me £250 but shoots really well. Definitely a keeper!

Lafayette.

Christ got one of those in same condition thought it was, ugly only bought it as was in sussex few years back as van den burger was closing and it was in the back of his shop at the top. Climbed a ladder to get it down so I could see it, and only paid £70 for it as he said nobody wanted it. Its still boxed up now as it came from factory.

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    Christ got one of those in same condition thought it was, ugly only bought it as was in sussex few years back as van den burger was closing and it was in the back of his shop at the top. Climbed a ladder to get it down so I could see it, and only paid £70 for it as he said nobody wanted it. Its still boxed up now as it came from factory.
    That's handy,which style fore sight has it got?

Mine has the dove tail fitting sat on top of the barrel not the wrap around version.

I've seen them with the foresight on dovetails but I believe most had it on the fixing which fits round the muzzle.
    I believe M&G had more than one fore and rearsight on the go for their guns in the same model year. They were putting out a lot of guns in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    I would say its worth what collectors of Original air rifles are prepared to pay. I doubt that they could get a better one for their collection and you can always buy cheaper. But they arent making these anymore. I have just picked up a mint one and i'm delighted with it. I wish the seller good luck.

Cheers
    Yes, they couldve had a better one; the one from the Diana museum itself for a mere E498 or about from egun
    900 is insane. no matter how big the idiot buyer
    ATB,
    yana

Another blast from the past

Just going through my documentation and brought out the original receipt for my Model 45 Anniversary .177. It was sold by Frank Dyke & Co. Ltd. 1-7 Ernest Avenue, West Norwood, London on 31st October 1980 to a Mr John Mason Esq. who was the then Managing Director of Wolsingham Steel Co.
    The rifle must have been heavily discounted as it was bought for the princely sum of £61-00 plus the dreaded VAT of £9.15 making it a total of £70-15. This included a 'special discount' of 15% as they were selling to a company
    I also have a Retail Price List of the day (including VAT) some of which surprised me
    Air Rifles: Model 23 - £32.36, Model 25 - £42.02, Model 25D - £44.83, Model 25DS - £52.16, Model 27 - £55.14. Model 27S - £63.75, Model 35 - £66.33, Model 35S - £80.18, Model 45 - £82.60, Model 50 - £111.57, Model 30 calibre 4.40mm repeater - £132.02. The document goes onto list Match Air Rifles, Air Pistols and Accessories

Some very fine rifles listed there. They had a very good range back then. Strange how the smaller models, 23's, 25's and 27's, hardly seem to come up for sale these days. Maybe there were fewer sold back then as the market went power crazy.