Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FX impact

FX impact

Im thinking about this gun
    But is a bit expensive.
    Anybody can recommend the gun??
    Brand new £1600 os it worth the money?

in short..YES, its worth every penny(if you can justify it)

Will it make you the best shot in the world? No, but its a damn good start.

I wont say anything on top of the hundreds of reviews now available apart from, if you like the styling, and you have the money, BUY it, you will not be dissapointed.

A friend of mine has just treated himself to one of these (brand new).
    The roll pin on the cocking arm has worked its way loose and is causing some friction on cocking but other than that, it's a blinder and I fancy one myself. Lovely thing.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Bit of a waste at sub 12 the import ( if u can find some one to import now ) is lot better option great idea the diff cals adjustible valve system ect

I'm struggling to stop myself putting in for a .22 air slot plus extra .30 barrel! It just seems to have everything.

Dave Goodal do you think the imported ones will be cheaper than UK ones ??

Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    Bit of a waste at sub 12 the import ( if u can find some one to import now ) is lot better option great idea the diff cals adjustible valve system ect
    Dave Goodal do you think the imported ones will be cheaper than UK ones ??

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    I'm struggling to stop myself putting in for a .22 air slot plus extra .30 barrel! It just seems to have everything.
    Have you got ones?? 😀

You will only get a imported one if you have fac fx have blocked all imports unless sent to a RFD to be added to fac cert finding some one with stock s also the other problem won't be any cheaper I don't think either demand is way too high for them at min there's lads been waiting near 12 month for there's

Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    You will only get a imported one if you have fac fx have blocked all imports unless sent to a RFD to be added to fac cert finding some one with stock s also the other problem won't be any cheaper I don't think either demand is way too high for them at min there's lads been waiting near 12 month for there's
    Do you think is passible to import the gun by my self?

Disappointing to hear Lloyd at BAR say they have had leaks in a few guns. They seem very impressive at FAC levels especially in .25 cal.

I know of a supplier that will send to your door in 12ftlb from abroad, pm me for details

Had my FAC IMPACT about 8 months.
    They are the best hunting air rifle on the scene at the moment. All the adjustability is a bit wasted sub 12 though.

To me the whole reason for this rifle is the switch barrel and the variable power from a close range barn dropper to a large cal heavy hitter.

I see little point in buying this sub 12 unless you have no other choice and dont want or cant get FAC.

From the indications I have read....poly type barrels need a bit more speed up them to get a tighter group but I have not really looked into it....5his I understands strays into the hot side anyway.

As I do a lot of pest control...the flexibility this system potentially offers is great. Being able to carry a spare bottle too is a good idea but again....carbon fibre is damned expensive and can be susceptible to damage in the field. I guess the cylinder also has a max life span like its scuba orientated bigger brothers.

It isnt without issues as ID'd in some of the reviews but it seems like a peice of kit that has potential especially if your looking for a multi role rifle.

I currently run an HW100 and an Air ranger...the latter being my FAC.......but I might decide to go for the all in one especially for the pest control. My sub 12 HW has accounted for a LOT of critters so I personally see an huge advantage in have a sub 177 and a FAC. The big hitter for me is the range of FAC calibres but at what cost say if you wanted a .22 or a .25 or even a .30.

On the upside...you can always extend the kit as and when you can afford it......even tho it will be kidney selling time.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

When picking up my wildcat earlier this year a chap was in the shop picking up a .30 FX boss. I can't think how I would ever justify a .30 air rifle over .22lr, other than throwing .30 call lumps of silent lead being awesome!