Thread: bushnell legend

bushnell legend

Is the bushnell legend ultra hd worth the £260 or can i get something of the same quality for less money.

Cheers.

I love the Bushnell Legend but wouldn't buy any of the current range. In fact my preferred scope for legal limit air rifle use is the older version of the Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 mildot with front AO. These come up reasonably often on here and normally go for around £120.
    So to answer your question, I think £260 for the later version does not represent good value. Personally I always buy 'mint used' anyway which saves me a lot of money.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

original 5x15x40 far better than the new ones, got 7 of them and won't use any other

Legend

I also only use the original 5 15 40 Legends on my guns, a fantastic scope and much better than the newer ones I've tried, I even sold a £600 Bushnell Elite because I prefered the Legend.

I have had the Original legends AO versions on most of my rifles,and to be fair they are superbly clear and reasonably priced and are very hard to better!!
    The 2 criticisms I have about them is Not having side focus and the adjusters on the turrets are very weak and do often crack.
    The New Legend HD are now my preferred choice,hence have disposed of the older legends.
    also i find these HD Legends are more robust.

For another £40 you can pick up second hand Bushnell Elites, which are frankly in a different league!

I bought one of these recently - http://www.uttings.co.uk/p124932-fal.../#.WErxBE1viUk

Falcon produce extremely good scopes for the price, this model comes in at £200, for that money it's pretty much unbeatable, good optics, very robust mechanicals, track perfectly so you can dial and the top turret is the new version, highly recommended.

Bushnell Legend Ultra HD

I've got a pair that are mounted on .22rf target rifles and they are superb. Expect to pay £175 - £185 for a mint, unmarked, boxed one.
    There is one for sale on here at the moment.
    ,AA , Magtech , Arnie, Sako, Ruger . plus the others .

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Aside from using four 5-15x40AO's (which are brilliant) I also use a Legend 3-9x40 currently mounted on a Fenman.
    To be fair, as its parallaxed at 50 yards, its strickly a rimfire scope but with the Fenman zeroed at 30 yards and the scope set on mag 6, I find it works for me !
    Beautifully proportioned for the Fenman also !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Danny91 View Post
    Is the bushnell legend ultra hd worth the £260 or can i get something of the same quality for less money.

Cheers.
    You'll be hard pressed to find better scope for £260, read Chuck Hawks review on them -
    I have one for sale as I put an Elite on my 17 which has a thinner cross hair. I personally like a thinner crosshair on air gun / 17 than the Legend you ask about, but apart from that they have superb optics (much better than old from AO if compared side by side)massive MOA adjustment, and focus close too, plus rain guards anti fog coating. What's not to like ?
    If you don't need mag beyond 9x Nikon EFR at 3-9 x AO at £180 retail is a good bet, much better than Hawkes etc at same price, but obviously lacking christmas tree light up reticles etc.
    Optics Warehouse had some non AO Redfield scopes on offer, and some of the cheaper Weavers at good prices too - have a look there -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34