Thread: New purchase Eusta 210

New purchase Eusta 210

Just arrived looks to be new in box. Said to be very rare? Interesting in that it is a compact pistol with concentric barrel that looks and feels exactly like a real firearm. Too cold here to chrony but I am sure it's not very strong. Couldn't past it by.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...psmwogihlh.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...pslaagygik.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...psup5jw7sq.jpg

Certainly rare, I sold a really nice boxed one on here a few years back

Never seen another
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

I spent years looking for one of these but was a little disappointed with the poor performance and semi plastic build when I finally sourced one. Certainly a very good looking pistol with a facility to take up wear on the breech seal. Yours looks to be in fine condition - I'd love to see the box!

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I spent years looking for one of these but was a little disappointed with the poor performance and semi plastic build when I finally sourced one. Certainly a very good looking pistol with a facility to take up wear on the breech seal. Yours looks to be in fine condition - I'd love to see the box!

Kind regards,

John
    I think you pretty well nailed it. Seems to me more of a toy gun? I only have the bottom half of the box not much to see. Metal construction throughout would have made it more interesting to me. Only have had it for a day. Still tweaking it, need to adjust the breech seal (not wear just flattened with age) nice that it's easily done. Also noticed pellets I used fit very tightly in barrel, need to experiment. Still a very interesting design and precisely built. Feels great in the hand and so compact.
    Last edited by 45flint; 17-12-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Thumbs up

I have a HW35 marked EUSTA in a laid down diamond!!

No mention of Melrichstatd Bay on the trigger block though

Rifle

Trigger block marked EUSTA

I've never seen another marked so, I once found just a barrel for sale in North America, Maybe time to start searching the interweb again in case any info has turned up!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Here is a picture of the box and associated paperwork.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...psofguiv2p.jpg

A nice gun in many respects - looks good, very easy to cock and load, pleasant to shoot, but on the downside the power is low (about the same as a Gat), and the construction is relatively fragile. As noted, for some reason almost all pellets are a very tight fit in the barrel which can result in their not even leaving the barrel sometimes. With pellets that have been resized by pushing through the barrel I can get chrono readings of about 250 -300 fps.

A very rare gun, especially in the UK as it was never imported. Rarely seen even in Germany, and probably more likely to be found in the USA, as all the last stocks of the pistol were bought up by Navy Arms Inc. for sale in the States.
    Incidentally, the Eusta LP210 (1968-1970) was preceded by the very similar and rather more solid LP100, which is even rarer (1965-68). I have never seen one of these, not even a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post

A nice gun in many respects - looks good, very easy to cock and load, pleasant to shoot, but on the downside the power is low (about the same as a Gat), and the construction is relatively fragile. As noted, for some reason almost all pellets are a very tight fit in the barrel which can result in their not even leaving the barrel sometimes. With pellets that have been resized by pushing through the barrel I can get chrono readings of about 250 -300 fps.

A very rare gun, especially in the UK as it was never imported. Rarely seen even in Germany, and probably more likely to be found in the USA, as all the last stocks of the pistol were bought up by Navy Arms Inc. for sale in the States.
    Incidentally, the Eusta LP210 (1968-1970) was preceded by the very similar and rather more solid LP100, which is even rarer (1965-68). I have never seen one of these, not even a photo.
    Thanks John,

Pellets not always exiting the barrel was my experience, although 4.4 mm ball worked better. That is a lovely boxed set and I would probably be tempted again if I saw such a set on a dealer's stall at a fair!

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Thanks John,

Pellets not always exiting the barrel was my experience, although 4.4 mm ball worked better. That is a lovely boxed set and I would probably be tempted again if I saw such a set on a dealer's stall at a fair! Anyone remember their guns serial number, mine is 17.

Kind regards,

John
    I was going to try some Gamo round balls that seem to fall through the barrel of my Haenel 28-R. Maybe perfect?
    Last edited by 45flint; 19-12-2016 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    I was going to try some Gamo round balls that seem to fall through the barrel of my Haenel 28-R. Maybe perfect?
    The Gamo ball are 4.5 mm and may be a little too large but are worth trying if you have any handy. I used the 4.4 mm ball intended for Haenel bolt action repeaters and although performance was still pretty poor, at least they came out of the end of the barrel!

Kind regards,

John

Is that my old gun?

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Is that my old gun?
    Certainly is Richard. One of my better buys!

Certainly is Richard. One of my better buys!
    Sorry to let that one go but if I'd kept everything I'd be homeless

Looks like a copy the FEG PA-63 9 mil short we used to shoot in South Africa.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD