Thread: Wehkamp FEG Air rifle

Wehkamp FEG Air rifle

I have been searching the internet for more information on this FEG air rifle.
    There is not much about except for a couple of old posts on the AVA. Frakor has been able to identify it as an air rifle made for and distributed by Wehkamp. Which is all Dutch to me
    Here is a part image from the previous owner.

It came near complete, with only the safety missing. Tried it out, it cocks and the weakness of the spring is apparent and there is something else odd. So I thought that I might reach for some 'Tune in a Tube', that should sort it. Damn, nought in the shed.
    Fired a pellet, wagering it might reach 200fps; way better than that it gave an unhealthy 230fps. No money changed hands.
    The action was pulled from the stock. Two intertwined coil bound springs with another full length smaller one.
    Three springs, what luck!
    These were removed with some effort as they had jammed well in the piston. Then replaced these with a single spring and even though the piston seal was buggered a few more were fired for interest.
    One missed the target altogether. The next hit the cardboard and the third scored the garage door
    The trigger was definitely dodgy.....
    A broken sear spring wasn't helping. Not a bad trigger set up though.

Has anyone else have one of these? What would be real nice is if someone could post here or send an image of the safety to replicate.

I will follow with some better images later next week.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 09-12-2016 at 10:02 AM.

aimless Guest
    AFAIK Wehkamp was only distributor for "Diana - cloned " - stuff. As BURGO was for Weihrauch (but had the same quality).

The double spring is taken / copied from the Diana (27??) and produced in Hungary.

Pictures from the interior ;-) would be helpful :-)

Safety pics

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    I have been searching the internet for more information on this FEG air rifle.
    There is not much about except for a couple of old posts on the AVA. Frakor has been able to identify it as an air rifle made for and distributed by Wehkamp. Which is all Dutch to me
    Here is a part image from the previous owner.

It came near complete, with only the safety missing. Tried it out, it cocks and the weakness of the spring is apparent and there is something else odd. So I thought that I might reach for some 'Tune in a Tube', that should sort it. Damn, nought in the shed.
    Fired a pellet, wagering it might reach 200fps; way better than that it gave an unhealthy 230fps. No money changed hands.
    The action was pulled from the stock. Two intertwined coil bound springs with another full length smaller one.
    Three springs, what luck!
    These were removed with some effort as they had jammed well in the piston. Then replaced these with a single spring and even though the piston seal was buggered a few more were fired for interest.
    One missed the target altogether. The next hit the cardboard and the third scored the garage door
    The trigger was definitely dodgy.....
    A broken sear spring wasn't helping. Not a bad trigger set up though.

Has anyone else have one of these? What would be real nice is if someone could post here or send an image of the safety to replicate.

I will follow with some better images later next week.
    Cheers.

You have got mail with pics of the safety.

--------------------------
    Frank

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    You have got mail with pics of the safety. -- Frank
    They are very helpful and received with thanks Frank.

During some further digging I found this expired listing on 'Freeads', ftom April 2016.

http://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sell...air-rifle/view

"FEG/Relum .177 Air Rifle
    Leicester
    Leisure & Hobbies / Hunting & Sporting / Air Guns
    £100
    16/04/2016
    I have an FEG/Relum air rifle that in itself is quite rare as only a handfull were built with a safety catch and none were for british market.I bought this gun at a garage sale 6 months ago and thought it was just an ordinary air rifle but upon stripping found it had a...

Is it possible that someone on this BBS is that person or knows of them? Given that everything on the net is supposed to be there forever, can this persons contact details be found from an expired listing?
    There is bugger all information on this model FEG and I would be keen to communicate with that person, or the new owner.
    Thanks
    Last edited by slow_runner; 12-12-2016 at 04:49 AM.

As the joke goes with the less informed biased lot.
    Can you please check your garden fence for possible other examples of this model?

It groups well and is keeping mid 600fps with a new leather seal and some combustion.

I'll have this Hungarian, you can keep the Meteor
    Last edited by slow_runner; 12-12-2016 at 04:58 AM.

I know that you have been waiting patiently without complaint, so I managed some images of the FEG today.
    The safety is still to be made Frank as is a correct fore end through-bolt and nut.
    The internals have been attended to and it has been tidied up cosmetically. That is as far as it will be taken; we don't want to threaten its' collectible status among the more discerning members.

[/url]

[/url]

Check out the detail on the trigger blade; that is attention indeed.

[/url]

Front and rear sights.

[/url]

[/url]
    Last edited by slow_runner; 20-12-2016 at 09:24 AM.

Hi, I have a new FEG LG 527. The technical information sheets that came with the rifle are written in Hungarian. There is no safety on this rifle. The stock is similar to the photo of yours but shorter with a butt plate. I seem to recall Q. Cobham does a strip and rebuild in his book. The rear sights and trigger on my rifle are different than in the photo's by slow-runner. There is no grooves on the stock and there is a front sight protector.
    Last edited by ROBBON; 20-12-2016 at 10:57 AM. Reason: more information

Quote Originally Posted by ROBBON View Post
    Hi, I have a new FEG LG 527. The technical information sheets that came with the rifle are written in Hungarian. There is no safety on this rifle. The stock is similar to the photo of yours but shorter with a butt plate. I seem to recall Q. Cobham does a strip and rebuild in his book.
    That is the .22, right - do you have an image or two Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    That is the .22, right - do you have an image or two Rob?
    No I am sorry, my brother in law borrowed my camera last week end Yes it is .22.