Thread: Possible new club/range

Possible new club/range

Hello all, A couple of us are thinking about starting a new club/range in the Hartlepool area, but due to the costs involved were wondering if there would be enough interest before going into debt to start this.

We are hoping to cater for air rifle/pistol, .22 rimfire and possibly crossbows and bows all under cover.

We have looked at several venues and most have been way to expensive but are considering a number of others at this time.

Any interest out there for this type of venue in the Nort East ?

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.

Thumbs up North East needs a new club.

Since Thorn Dell FT club closed late 2014 things have been dire. Im sure a new air rifle/pistol range would be well supported, but it will be a lot of hard work and expense. Good luck in your venture.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavant_Lad View Post
    Since Thorn Dell FT club closed late 2014 things have been dire. Im sure a new air rifle/pistol range would be well supported, but it will be a lot of hard work and expense. Good luck in your venture.
    Cheers mate, cost is the thing!

Have you got any land in mind ?

Have you got any land in mind ?
    "all under cover"

Indoor I presume

Yes I noticed the indoor bit, but what is really needed are outdoor ranges for HFT/FT and an area for pistol & plinking. Plus an area for parking. There are loads of air rifle and pistol users in the N/E, its about time some of them came out of the closet.

Yes I noticed the indoor bit, but what is really needed are outdoor ranges for HFT/FT and an area for pistol & plinking. Plus an area for parking. There are loads of air rifle and pistol users in the N/E, its about time some of them came out of the closet.
    I'm in the middle of doing this but further into the Newcastle area. Problem is time and money, things will not happen over night but I've already some targets on their way to me. Fair play to OP if he get it up and running, I wish him all the best.

Thanks to all for the input, we do have a number of people interested who shoot rimfire and air as I do none shoot FT or HFT.