Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Airgun World January 2017

Cool Airgun World January 2017

Well, I was driving home today following a 'mare of a day at work and was thinking to myself, "Wouldn't it be nice if the January issue landed early with Chrimbo just around the corner and a tonic certainly required?"

And, guess what? It's landed, proper early.

Just had a very quick glance through and it's jam packed, as ever, with loads of excellent content, offering something for every airgunning palate.......

Amongst the top content, we have two brilliant Techie articles from Sir Jim (New Year Honour's List just around the corner), and one of them is a look inside the LGU. Matt Hirst also does an intensive test of the LGU with a new Kahles FT scope. And even Phil Hardman is going back to roots with a Boinger this month - the HW95.

So, loads of boingering content. And then Tim does a write-up on the new Tempest and his old one.

The usual excellent tests by El Tel.

Gary Wain continues his pellet testing.

More stuff on technique from young Naylor and the very enjoyable FT series from Mr Calpin.

Some military look-alike stuff and the intriguing little write-up on Milbro by John.

Pistol tests and more by Phill.

And loads more besides........

A lovely, crammed mega-issue just in time for the festive season.

Enjoy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Wow, sounds great. I do hope the LGU gets a positve review.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Ooooo.....you naughty little tinker, you.

I just read Terry's editorial and the very excellent LGU technical article by Jim earlier. Superb, as ever, and worth it for those alone, but then I've also got the rest of the mag to go at, too!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks for that Dunno about that issue but a lot of gun mags lately when I've been browsing in WH Smiths have been sealed inside plastic bags so I can't look & see if there's anything in them that I want to read about

At least now I know if this is bagged up that it's worth buying

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Wow, sounds great. I do hope the LGU gets a positve review.
    Me to

Not being a killjoy, but what is the percentage of advertising in the magazine.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Don't tell Jim but I think I spotted a minor mistake in the maths in his LGU article... well, actually the maths was fine, the error was in the shown working, so it was probably the fault of that editor of his

PS the LGU reviewed fine, but attention was correctly drawn to the obvious mod they all need for UK power levels, as BigToe posted when they first came out.
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 10-12-2016 at 10:22 AM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Excellent as usual and I see that Terry has confirmed that the K98 they have in the office is a springer ... thank you.
    Cheers, Phil

Page 10 stunners

Better than page 3 in the SUN Some good stuff on the way to page 101 Connoisseur Section As for the ads, they used to annoy me, but every now and then I need the odd tin or bottle of something or the website of Woodys, My son bought me subscriptions to AGW and Airgunner, I look forward to them hitting the mat, but I wouldn't tell the Tell that

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ooooo.....you naughty little tinker, you.

I just read Terry's editorial and the very excellent LGU technical article by Jim earlier. Superb, as ever, and worth it for those alone, but then I've also got the rest of the mag to go at, too!
    Naughty? My next purchase is going to be an LGU. I've resisted for ages, but that and the Diana 34 look like being necessities.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Naughty? My next purchase is going to be an LGU. I've resisted for ages, but that and the Diana 34 look like being necessities.
    1st Dibs when you move it Nick !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    No problem. Just had a phone call, looks like the Diana is gonna be first. In fact I have to order it now for delivery next week.

The question is which model to get? I might start another thread on this.......

No sign of the digital version yet. I guess we're second-class customers!
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Too late John, Trumpetiers already bought it and........ Sold it on
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I could see the mag on the step but it got overlooked when I cam home from the farm today, instantly I was onto the new modem from tak talk as mine had taken a downfall, piece of snit. Sorted it easy enough but changing the username to something usable meant I was on to India for an hour.

Back to reality the mag leeks great Tony, will have a good fumble later.
    Nice things happen to nice people.