Thread: Theoben mk2 rapid

Theoben mk2 rapid

Hi I have a Theoben mk2 rapid 12 shot .22cal and thinking about selling it, could anyone tell me how much they are worth and where the best place to sell it nowadays?
    Thanks Gareth
    I'm based in the north east of England 😊

Sporter trigger around £600 mk4 trigger £650 as a guide. If it has one of the fancy stocks (laminate or thumbhole) you can add another £100 on top. Lots of online options such as freeads & gunstar or here.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

It all depends on its age and condition. JLB isn't too far off, a nice later gun with MK4 trigger will fetch the most money. Other things that effect the price are the barrel length, regulated or not (most were but as always with Theoben there are exceptions), type of silencer.

Stock options aren't so cut and dry, standard sporter stocks are the norm, the CS800 style thumbhole is also reasonable common, ambi Sentinel stocks are rare and turned up on MK1's, MK2's and MFR's. The 'Deluxe' with a grey laminate stock are very rare as only twenty five were made, if you have a mint one of those you're looking at £1,000 or more.

So dependant on what you have, £550 for a fair older example up to £1,000 for a special one.

Gunstar, Free Ads, Gun Trader are a good place to start if you aren't on other forums.

I don't disagree much with the price estimates above but would point out that at those sorts of prices you will be buying a fantastic rifle at a silly low price. I would say that wouldn't I? The main determinant of price is always CONDITION. The better the condition the more it will fetch. Obvious but true nonetheless.
    The variation in trigger types is quite pronounced and serves to age the rifle as well as make it more or less valuable. . I agree that for most uses the series 4 is probably the most desirable but to me the most interesting feature in the later Rapids is the scalloped loading port which makes single pellet loading much easier-rather than the trigger itself. I honestly challenge any one of you to tell the difference between a well set up series 3 and series 4 trigger just by feel? The sporter trigger is easily identified by its size-over-large to most people and with that 'blob' safety catch. The Anschutz trigger as fitted to the first 250 Rapid 2's is lovely but if one goes wrong repair will be difficult-or at least expensive.
    Concerning the fast flow v regulator as mentioned above, as far as I know Theoben fitted a regulator to all legal limit Mk 2's made right from the start of the Mk 2 in 2001. A regulator will also be found on some Mk 2 FAC rifles as well. Ben Taylor certainly made a big thing about using a regulator in FAC Rapids. The fast flow valve was generally supplied with FAC rated rifles from the factory although later ones did offer regulators. What happens after it leaves the factory is anyone's guess. When valuing Rapids bear in mind that the stock can be changed very easily by undoing one fixing bolt. For those seeking an absolutely original rifle the most usual one to find is the standard sporter made for Theoben by Custom Stocks of Sheffield.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Spot on Nick, even in today's market the Rapid is a hard gun to beat.

Thank you all for your help, certainly a lot of information 😀
    Just one one question I've been ask if I can post it 🤔 Which
    is the best way to get paid and which courier will take air rifles?
    Thanks Gareth