Thread: Walther CP1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Walther CP1

I passed my Walther CP1 with a small fault on to a fellow club member as a project to keep him amused over the winter months.

The pistol is really nice and has its original and correct Walther hard case with matching numbers on the end labels, original test certificate and handbook, 3 cylinders ( plus one of my own to service) and a rather nice Derek Gent grip made from an exceptionally well selected piece of figured walnut.

An original sales brochures and receipt with a Walther parts diagram are also present and the pistol was a genuine UK import supplied by Accuracy International ( original authenticity documents included) - so it is well worth the effort to keep it alive and in active service.

One week later the pistol is shooting superbly well with a lovely trigger feel. So much for a winter project!!

However - making a suitable tool to remove and service two of the spare cylinders has proven to be more of a problem. The first two of the cylinders had their valves unscrewed for service and a re-seal and are now both working as they should but the other two are not too keen to unscrew and need something a bit tougher than a modified screw driver blade to shift them.

Does anyone have a genuine Walther service tool for this job they would consider selling or lending or have a picture of one that I can use to make a copy of one by any chance?

Also, if anyone is able to let us know if they are aware of any dealer that holds any of the CP1 spare parts we would be pleased to hear from you. We have the part number for one part that has been successfully repaired but would like to find an original part if possible.

It is good to see this reasonably rare CP1 pistol back in active service at RMTC and with a happy new owner who I know will take good care of it and give it plenty of regular exercise.
    Last edited by zooma; 10-12-2016 at 08:41 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.