Thread: Airforce One Taichi C02 Pistol

Airforce One Taichi C02 Pistol

any one tried one of these, if so what do you think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxHpIhqXvu4

hi , looks like a pp700. atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    hi , looks like a pp700. atb mick
    similar but with better trigger and looks,

As the PP700 is a regulated PCP I wouldn't say the Taichi is that similar. All the reviews I have seen comment on the heavy trigger so it's not necessarily better either. I don't like the sound of the filling procedure where it will vent the entire cylinder if you forget to cock the hammer or tighten the grub screw quickly enough. All my match pistols have a pivoting trigger so I don't see a straight pull trigger as a particular advantage.
    It looks quite good, it appears to be a cross between the CP1 and the PP700 using the 700's breach and hammer system. Its a shame they didn't make open sights that fitted the shroud instead of having to remove it and fit the muzzle weight from a CP1 to the end of the barrel.
    If you want one I would wait until SMK import the same pistol for probably £50 less than airforce one charge.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    The trigger even looked heavy in the video...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    The trigger even looked heavy in the video...
    we had one in ....an all black one.
    Looked quite nice and cant comment too much as i only had one shot with it as it was passed around among about 20 members but the trigger moved back in a straight fashion rather than arcing and felt a bit odd and galling slightly.
    It was farily good but had a dramatic tail off in power much greater than say a 2240
    It was not figured out quite why this was so.....it hasnt been back in since but ill try it again if it comes back

The red one is different.
    But as Bjacobs says the filling procedure looks tedious.

The Red one as you call it as the worst trigger I have ever used. We got 20 shots out of a co2 bulb
    There is no way this pistol could ever be used for target shooting

Quote Originally Posted by john.gould View Post
    The Red one as you call it as the worst trigger I have ever used. We got 20 shots out of a co2 bulb
    There is no way this pistol could ever be used for target shooting
    Revisted this one last night....it came back in before any other club members had showed up and i got A full bulb through it.
    I say full bulb but this amounted to about 23 shots, concuring with the post above.....before an alarming tail off where accurate shot placement became impossible.

To me though, it just feels a bit odd. If you like the hold you get with a revolver pistol, then its fine but i prefer regular pistol grips with some weight extending back over your hand position.

Anyway ...my groups.
    I got an initial flier 1.2 inches high .....if you can ignore this it settled into a 22mm group at 10 mtrs before rapidly nosediving at the 22 or 23rd shot. The 24th shot striking 1.3 inches low, then 3 more opening that further downwards on the target.
    I hate this about bulb guns.
    I just like to break my barrel load and shoot for as long as i wish, unconserned about sharp tail offs, bulbs or other parafinalia...just me maybe....but i would probably get fed up after half a dozen bulbs or so and go back to my LP53 or 65.
    Not even discussing the issue of bulb expense and making sure you have enough.

My PP700 gives more shots per fill than I generally want to shoot in one go and my target PCP pistols will shoot for weeks before needing filling with me shooting 40-60 shots a week, without needing any real effort to shoot. Nose heavy is better for target shooting as it steady's the pistol and makes it easier to hold on target. at 23 shots to a cartridge it won't be long before the PP700 becomes cheaper than the Taichi
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    My PP700 gives more shots per fill than I generally want to shoot in one go and my target PCP pistols will shoot for weeks before needing filling with me shooting 40-60 shots a week, without needing any real effort to shoot. Nose heavy is better for target shooting as it steady's the pistol and makes it easier to hold on target. at 23 shots to a cartridge it won't be long before the PP700 becomes cheaper than the Taichi
    I would be inclined to agree that the pcp version would be much less likely to annoy me.
    I usually shoot around 50 shots on a club evening ....occasionally more ...