Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: British Air Rifle Championships

British Air Rifle Championships

Who are the better shots – FT or HFT shooters? It’s a simple enough question but not one that is easily answered, as these two branches of air rifle shooting are very different kettles of fish.

Sunday 9th July 2017 will see the inaugural British Air Rifle Championships taking place at Maldon & District Air Rifle Club (aka M.A.D.), with competitors shooting both a Field Target course to BFTA rules and an HFT course to UKAHFT rules. The winner will be the shooter with the highest
    combined scores from both courses.

It will also give competitors the chance to see who can produce the goods on the day, rather than over a season-long series with the chance to drop their lowest-scoring rounds. Shooters will go head-to-head in a straight fight with the very best in both Field Target and HFT today, with no chance to make up for “an average round on Day 1” or costly errors. There’ll be 3 competitions running on the day – one for HFT, one for FT, as well as the overall championship that will be decided by the best combined score from both of these classes.

That’s not to say that the competition is only for “the elite” in both sports; the day is all about bringing shooters of all abilities from the worlds FT and HFT together, and to enable them to experience both disciplines (if they wish). Whether its FT or HFT that you usually shoot, the day is all about having fun and all safe shooters with sub-12 ft. lbs. guns are welcome.

Entries are limited to 150 shooters, so do download your entry form HERE and send it off nice and early in order to avoid missing out on what will be a unique competition with some top rate sport to be enjoyed.

When I put up the original post earlier today, time constraints didn't permit me to go into much detail but we have tried to anticipate some of the FAQs that people might have:

What's the format for the day? Those shooters who wish to shoot both the FT and HFT courses will shoot one of them in the morning session, and the other in the afternoon one. Those shooters who wish to take part in just the FT or HFT class will have the choice (on a "first come, first served" basis - i.e. depending when their entry is received) as to whether they shoot in the AM or PM session.

I don’t shoot FT (or HFT) – can I still enter? Most definitely! You are very welcome to shoot in just one of the classes of your choosing (which will also entitle you to a reduced entry fee of £12), though you will be missing out on the chance to try your hand at a different aspect of air rifle shooting that you might just enjoy.

I only want to enter the FT (or HFT) class – what is there for me to win? There are trophies for 1st-3rd paces in both the FT and HFT classes, as well as a very impressive trophy for the overall competition winner with the highest combined score from both classes.

How do I enter, and how much is the entry fee? Just download the entry form HERE and send it off to us with your cheque or postal order. If you wish to enter the Combnined Class and shoot both courses, the entry fee is £20; if you just wish to enter either the FT or HFT class, the entry fee is £12. Please don’t forget to indicate on your entry form which class you are entering!

Do I have to have different 2 guns to shoot both courses? No, you are more than welcome to use the same rifle, provided it complies with the rules and regulations that apply to the discipline that it is being used for. We’re thinking specifically of areas such as the large butt hooks that are permitted in FT, but not in HFT (so you might want to have a set-up that enables you to easily remove it when you are shooting the HFT course), hamster size, scope magnification (the maximum setting allowed in HFT being 12x), and so forth.

I want to use the rifle that I use for HFT on the FT course, but am worried about getting it accurately reset and ready for the HFT course after I have used it in the FT class: If you advise us of this when you send in your entry, we will endeavour (but not guarantee) to ensure that you shoot the HFT course first. Our ability to accommodate shooters who wish to do this is very much dependant on numbers, and will be done on a “first come, first served” basis as entries are received.

We appreciate that this competition is quite a departure from the usual format ,and that the above FAQs do not cover all the queries that you might have. If there is anything else that you wish to know or have clarified, ust ask and we'll do our best to come back to you pronto.

This sounds like fun!
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

My goodness! Some of you chaps are VERY quick off the mark - the first entry forms for the shoot rocked up in today's post

Could be mine and Simmos!

All on one cheque incase you wondered, thanks Nick XX
    Last edited by blackscale; 18-12-2016 at 07:44 AM. Reason: idiot
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Sounds fantastic will there be a recoiling class for us special needs people

Bit of an oxymoron, recoiling and class....haha!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by bad shot bob View Post
    There won't be a springer/recoil class at this first B.A.R.C. competition, but if there is sufficient demand/interest then it is something that we would very much like to do the following year.

LATEST NEWS!!

We are delighted to confirm that Air Arms will be joining us at The British Air Rifle Championships at Maldon on Sunday 9 July, where Claire West and her team will be running their very popular Air Arms Speed Shoot.

You'll also have the opportunity to try out some of Air Arms finest rifles on the M.A.D. plinking range, and all competitors will automatically be entered into the end-of-shoot prize draw and have the chance to win some fabulous Air Arms prizes.

If you haven't yet entered what promises to be a fabulous day's sport, just click HERE
    Last edited by fastnick; 23-02-2017 at 09:09 AM. Reason: broken link

Quote Originally Posted by bad shot bob View Post
    very good question buddy but this is not for special needs, it is for people of shooting integrity, unfortunately again it looks like boinging is not something worthy of recognition when designing excellent competitions. I'll definitely be joining next year when the playing field is levelled up to reflect that there are those that do want to compete but in a class that requires a bit more effort that means we have no chance against guns that you shoot off the ground and are not hold sensitive, but I am sure there will be enough interest to generate a single award for the boingers.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Unlike so many politicians who say that they're listening - and then do bugger all about it! - we hear you Rex......and we're going to do something about it!

There will be a seperate combined class for Springer/.22 shooters at the 2017 B.A.R.C. shoot

( care for a little side bet, Rex - will it be a springer or .22 shooter who triumphs? )
    Last edited by fastnick; 22-02-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastnick View Post
    care for a little side bet, Rex - will it be a springer or .22 shooter who triumphs? 😉 )
    What about , I buy a .22 springer ?

The Oaks SiHFT Winners 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

If you wish to dwell in a world of pain Chris, that is your affair........

But if you do manage to win the springer/.22 Class with a .22 springer, then dinner is on me
    Last edited by fastnick; 22-02-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastnick View Post
    Unlike so many politicians who say that they're listening - and then do bugger all about it! - we hear you Rex......and we're going to do something about it!

There will be a seperate combined class for Springer/.22 shooters at the 2017 B.A.R.C. shoot

( care for a little side bet, Rex - will it be a springer or .22 shooter who triumphs? )
    outstanding guys, I like many of my fellow ardent outsiders take our caps off to you for listening, and for doing something so we are not disenfranchised just because we are committed to trying to perfect the dark arts.

Thank you so much all of you. and yes, Ill take you up on a side bet, see me on Sunday when i get destroyed at the southern hunters.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

that's one giant step for mankind and one giant leap from the bonging boys yeee haaa Game on