Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AA Firepower rearsight

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

AA Firepower rearsight

Hi guys,

was the rearsight (I believe fitted to the scope rails) the same as other AA sidelevers ?

Just receved a Hi power which still has it's foresight, but no rearsight. Wth the straight stock, "high" opens seems to make sense...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

not sure why I wrote firepower in the subject, it's a hi power, but I guess the sights are the same...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

That one Tinbum had (Combat?), had a peep sight. As on the chambers plan here JB:
    https://www.gunspares.co.uk/images/categories/24240.gif

Jon,

If you want one, I think i have one squirrelled away in a box somewhere. If you do, you are welcome to it. Just give me a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Jon,

If you want one, I think i have one squirrelled away in a box somewhere. If you do, you are welcome to it. Just give me a few days.
    That would be much appreciated; most kind

Yeah they're a little plastic peep sight that the air arms models came with. I have an AA firepower that's also missing the rear sight -gutted as I thought this was a sales thread for one haha. Geezer if you happen to find 2 rear sights squirreled away I'm on the look out for one here too cheers Doug

Found it. Jon, I'll stick it in the post to you after Christmas.

Doug, sorry, only had the one. Good luck in your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Found it. Jon, I'll stick it in the post to you after Christmas.

Many thanks mate, really appreciated

Thanks to Carl (Geezer), my HiPower now has it's original AA rear sight (peepsight).

A public "thank you" to Carl; it's kind gestures like this that make this BBS, and epecially the collectors corner, such a nice forum to be a part of

My pleasure, Jon.

I think the ethos on here, especially in this bit, is to help each other out, whether with information, opinions, or parts. I have experienced all of that, to my benefit, and the least I can do is to reciprocate when I have the chance.

Top bloke I say. A diamond geezer.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 07-01-2017 at 03:33 AM.

Doug,

I have a Sussex Armoury Jackal rear sight if that's of any use to you? It's the type that was mounted near the tap loader. If so, PM your address and I'll pop it in the post.

Chris
    Falcon Raptor (FN12) Lighthunter - Walnut FX Cutlas - EB XVI - HW35 'Karbine' - BSA Airsporter MK4 - Webley Mk III - Relum Tornado - FWB Sport 127 Deluxe - Crosman 1322 custom - Sussex Armoury Jackal - BSA Superstar - Logun Eagle (All .22) and HW80 in .25

Thanks for the offer but I need the air arms rear sight for my high power but thanks for the offer of the Sussex armoury sight.

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGerr View Post
    Doug,

I have a Sussex Armoury Jackal rear sight if that's of any use to you? It's the type that was mounted near the tap loader.

Chris
    Hi Chris. Do you still have the rear sight?
    I've only recently bought an early Sussex Armoury Hi Power with scope and foresight, but no rear sight. If it's still available I would be more than willing to pay you for it.
    Clogger

Thumbs up

Make sure your rifle has a threaded hole just in front of the loading tap as that's where the Sussex armoury sights screw in and from my experience not all models have the hole.