Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AA Firepower rearsight

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    If in doubt what site is needed, or where to get one, send a p-m to my old friend Pad.E, as if he don't know, no one will.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    Dougbunny - on mine there's a threaded hole (approx. M5) on the right hand side of the action, positioned 25mm in front of the leading edge of the loading tap.

Gareth - now that you've mentioned Pad.E I seem to recall him being a leading light on all things Jackal based. I shall have to contact him for some useful info and tips.

I may be wrong but I have a feeling that Jon Budd has recently been investigating the Hi Power models pro's and cons. Do you have any useful insights that you may be able to pass on Jon?

Many thanks guys, Clogger

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Mine is the Air Arms version. The peephole rearsight screws into the hole in the end of the large vertical transverse pin that secures the end block (and in it's opposite end has the spring for the trigger return).

All I did with mine is find a mainspring that properly fitted the inbuilt guide, then made a suitable piston sleave to take up the slack from an old plastic container (as it was a fair bit smaller that the original). O new o-ring on the head, relube, and job done, twang free. The piston is quite light (around 200g), which would normally be too bouncy in a 27.5mm cylinder, but the lost volume of a tap loader balances that out.

More info here: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ing-sidelevers
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by CLOGGER View Post
    Hi Chris. Do you still have the rear sight?
    I've only recently bought an early Sussex Armoury Hi Power with scope and foresight, but no rear sight. If it's still available I would be more than willing to pay you for it.
    Clogger
    Hi Mate,

Just PM your address and I'll stick it in the post - no need to pay (maybe pop a donation in to the next help for heroes collection you see)

Cheers

Chris
    Falcon Raptor (FN12) Lighthunter - Walnut FX Cutlas - EB XVI - HW35 'Karbine' - BSA Airsporter MK4 - Webley Mk III - Relum Tornado - FWB Sport 127 Deluxe - Crosman 1322 custom - Sussex Armoury Jackal - BSA Superstar - Logun Eagle (All .22) and HW80 in .25