Thread: Thank you BAR and advice needed

Nighthawk Guest

Thank you BAR and advice needed

First off

I need to say thankyou to BAR, I had a thread on here a few days ago asking for opinions on BAR's service because my first order had suffered a slight set back.

As promised by Heath at BAR my air cylinder and hose arrived today and by christ was it well packed!!! !!! it took me 10 mins to get all the bubble wrap off.
    It's now got a full 300 bar in it

The second part of the thread is a plea for advice on fitting the bisley adjustable butt pad I also ordered.

I've removed the rubber butt pad from my AA400 and noticed that the positions of the screw holes in the butt don't match with those in the metal plate of the butt pad.

Is it safe to drill new pilot holes into the end of the butt as the lower hole is going to be around 1/4" closer to the edge of the stock. The last thing I need is a split in the walnut.

Nighthawk Guest
    Aye Phil, I have that problem most days.....

I've managed to fit the butt pad today at work ......always seems better when your being paid to fiddle with your kit

I made a wooden template of the end of my stock and attached the metal section of the new pad. Once it was on it was out with the grinder...

I decided to use smaller screws than those used in the AA butt pad, so I drilled new pilot holes in the stock and fitted it.

Result......it's now much more comfortable with the butt raised 1/2"