Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bell target

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    My Red Bobs are black and green.
    A red one would be nice for Christmas.

Bell target is a real sport and not easy!
    Our club has one of Bob's red ones, and a green one.... and a black one. I suggest that you do not buy a red one because you will never decide which bell target goes in the middle. Get two the same colour and it becomes simpler then all you have to do is ring the bell

Regardless of colour they are excellent pieces of kit

Amazing speedy service

My red bob bell target arrived today, after contacting RB on Friday last week.

Lovely bit of kit, fancy embellishments as well.

Thanks Bob

We have introduced Bell and ten yard target comps on a monthly basis.
    We introduced this to give all owners of old air rifles a dedicated comp alongside our established Vintage/Classic rifle competition, its proving to be a good fun/challenging way to use old rifles in the way they were intended for.
    I finished the Bell target which I started making about a year ago after going to Bisley arc and having a go on theirs after a GP. Great fun and fully recommended.

DaveM (LVAGC).

We also shot bell target at 10 meters at RMTC - great fun and we sometimes ring the bell too!

We have the RedBob targets alongside our normal 10 meter rifle and pistol targets and they make a nice change to have a go at now and again !
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Well, the bell target had its first outing at the club last evening.

A fair few had a try, with some success at the 6 yard line.

Not having got any paint yet for the face plate the pellets seemed to stick to it in a surprisingly tenacious manner. I'm hoping the paint will stop this in future...

Everyone used my 601 (the only low power rifle there) and I think all who tried hit the bell at least once. Some more often than not.

I have a feeling that it will become too easy to ring the bell most shots at 6 yards with the 601.

I guess my long term options are to use a spring gun with post sights or longer range.

We stipulate open sights, no peephole/apertures and recoiling. Makes a more level playing field.
    DaveM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVALI View Post
    We stipulate open sights, no peephole/apertures and recoiling. Makes a more level playing field.
    DaveM.
    Sounds like a plan, Dave.