Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&N Sniper Light Pellets??

H&N Sniper Light Pellets??

Whilst building my shopping cart from our sponsor for my latest purchase goodies list

Looking at the pellets section, I noticed some H&N Sniper Light pellets

Never seen or heard of these before anyone got any feedback for them?

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...;250-tin].html

Probably worth a punt at the cost but if they have poor feedback, I'll probably pass on them.

Anyone use or used them?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I have a few tins in .22 and used some today in my HW80. Usually supersomes work well to around 30 yards through an HW and FTT past that. But this 80 hated the Superdomes and the Sniper Lights were the only other thing I had with me. I've had mixed results in the past, but the 80 loves them.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014
    They are the Defiant pellets and they were bought out by H&N

I've tried the .177s and .22s in various rifles. They haven't come out favourite yet but, they certainly haven't been the worst.

Worth a punt in my opinion

All of the above.

They are the Pax Guns Defiant 14grn 5.5mm, just made now in Germany and renamed. H&N bought the design, and, I think, the machinery.

Hi Nick,

Haven't used them myself, but a few people at the Boinger Bashes have used the .177 Medium versions and love them, reporting excellent velocity retention and flatter trajectory meaning less holdover required at the 75 yards bucket. Not sure if the .177 Mediums are virtually impossible to get hold of, though?

As they're made by H&N, you'd expect the quality to be good, so if your barrel likes them they should be good, so definitely worth a go, methinks. Bear in mind, however, that that price is for a tin of 250 and not 500.

I guess that you're thinking of trying them in the 99? Mine loves Superdomes. And, if you're wanting good, lighter pellets to try, I'd certainly be giving the Falcon Accuracy Plus / JSB Jumbo RS pellets a try.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have a few tins in .22 and used some today in my HW80. Usually supersomes work well to around 30 yards through an HW and FTT past that. But this 80 hated the Superdomes and the Sniper Lights were the only other thing I had with me. I've had mixed results in the past, but the 80 loves them.
    Thanks for reply bud, they might be ok then as it's also for a HW barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    They are the Defiant pellets and they were bought out by H&N
    Thanks for that racking my brains now to think if I've ever used them before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    I've tried the .177s and .22s in various rifles. They haven't come out favourite yet but, they certainly haven't been the worst.

Worth a punt in my opinion
    Yes probably worth a punt can always pass them on to tinbum if they don't work well

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    They are the Pax Guns Defiant 14grn 5.5mm, just made now in Germany and renamed. H&N bought the design, and, I think, the machinery.
    Cheers bud also confirmed by Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi Nick,

Haven't used them myself, but a few people at the Boinger Bashes have used the .177 Medium versions and love them, reporting excellent velocity retention and flatter trajectory meaning less holdover required at the 75 yards bucket. Not sure if the .177 Mediums are virtually impossible to get hold of, though?

As they're made by H&N, you'd expect the quality to be good, so if your barrel likes them they should be good, so definitely worth a go, methinks. Bear in mind, however, that that price is for a tin of 250 and not 500.

I guess that you're thinking of trying them in the 99? Mine loves Superdomes. And, if you're wanting good, lighter pellets to try, I'd certainly be giving the Falcon Accuracy Plus / JSB Jumbo RS pellets a try.
    Hi Tony,

Yes exactly that bud the superdomes are in the cart but remembering what you said about a lighter pellet the Sniper Light caught my eye

Falcons and JSB are on the list if the superdomes aren't acceptable and yes I'd seen the 250 but I think there still good VFM.

I remember buying decent .22 slugs from local gunshop for like £14 a tin not long back

Designed for field target shooting....who uses a .22 for field target

I got some and also some of there green pellets ..worked like a scatter gun at 30 yards I was getting a 2 inch spread..I will stick with 16 grain air arms field and in lead rather than the green ..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Falcon Accuracy Plus
    Definitely stick these on the list

I use them in a .177 HW97 and a .22 TX.

I get excellent results hunting with these. Being a lightweight lead pellet, they fly flat and fast.
    Because the lead is soft and thin, they hit hard and deform well.

All of the above.

I had good results with them in a .22 ultra se my TX200 didn't like them as much seemed to have a quite flat trajectory for a .22
    Basc Member
    .177 FX Wildcat, .177 Air Arms Pro Sport .22, .177 HW 100T, Air Arms TX200hc

They are just like every other pellet, a solid lump at the front and an airbrake at the back to try to get a forward CG and an aft center of pressure. If they happen to fit your gun barrel they will be wonderful, if they don't then forget them. Best to try to get some in a sample pack to try first.

I've laid in a few thousand of them as a replacement for the Defiant Ogives I used to like, they both give ragged one hole groups at 20M, when I do my stuff properly that is. I'm shooting them through an HW80 for use outside at the longer ranges. I've got an old Lightning shooting RWS SHP's for my rats inside.
    They aren't actually the same as the Defiant's but they are very similar & work as well. They are a visibly well made pellet with good dimensional & weight consistency.
    When H&N bought the pellet machine from Pax they decided to use their own design rather than the Pax Defiant, not different by a lot though, but definitely different. They also decided not to continue production of the the 5.6mm Defiant Vintage, understandable really as there won't be many 5.6mm .22 barrels in Germany, it means my older BSA's are back on the Superdomes though...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
    Designed for field target shooting....who uses a .22 for field target

I got some and also some of there green pellets ..worked like a scatter gun at 30 yards I was getting a 2 inch spread..I will stick with 16 grain air arms field and in lead rather than the green ..
    You'll likely need a barrel clean prior to using either of those pellets above, then shoot in, and check groups
    Not as bad with lead type without, but still not good, with 'green' pellet - will never work out of leaded barrel, don't know why, but it is so !
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Whilst building my shopping cart from our sponsor for my latest purchase goodies list

Looking at the pellets section, I noticed some H&N Sniper Light pellets

Never seen or heard of these before anyone got any feedback for them?

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...;250-tin].html

Probably worth a punt at the cost but if they have poor feedback, I'll probably pass on them.

Anyone use or used them?
    They work well in .22 with my rifles. The .177 I have is fine but is not as accurate as the " medium " that is now either been discontinued or can not be found in the UK. They are derivatives of the old Defiant and Defiant HFT special. The one from Armex is the same pellet but that has not been available for a while either.

A.G