Thread: Best pellet for TX200HC in .177?

HighVelocity Guest

Best pellet for TX200HC in .177?

Hi Guys
    Another bloody stupid question for you.
    What do you guys consider the best pellet for a TX200 HC .177? Primarily for HFT but also for hunting. Best Grouping, flattest trajectory etc. In my Lighthunter I always use Accupells but what about the TX? Trying to save myself a lot of hassle trying loads of different pellets.
    Thanks in advance
    HighVelocity

In my TX I allways felt the AA Hunters had a tiny the edge on the Fields. But that was in .22.

Ray

AndyMc59 Guest
    In my TX , 4.51 Daystates just pipped 4.52 Air Arms to the post . Its important that you try a few brands to identify what your particular barrel finds most appealing .

Just a tip...

If absolute precision is what you seek, then bear in mind that the accuracy of similar pellets can differ slightly from batch to batch.

So, once you find the right pellet for your rifle buy as many tins as possible of the same batch.

Rustam

These suit mine.

I have had my TX hc 1.77 cal for about six months now, the only 2 brands i have tried are AA field and Bisley Magnums.
    The Magnums are a much tighter fit and give me good groups every time they are also of a better quality overall.
    I only use the TX for hunting, mainly tree rats and the occasional bunny, the Magnums have awesome killing power, which is what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by ginger tom
    I have had my TX hc 1.77 cal for about six months now.

You must be the only person in the world with one of those as most people have .177"

Regards
    Barry
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    Quote Originally Posted by airgunner2388
    You must be the only person in the world with one of those as most people have .177"

Regards
    Barry

Mine likes AA fields 4.52

JSB Exacts 4.52

Baz

Arrow

Not being funny but has anyone actually done a proper 'blind A-B comparison' test between JSB/AA/Daystate pellets-which on the face of it look the same and come from the same factory? This test is conducted so that the shooter does not know what pellet is being used- only the 'supervisor' of the test. I would be very interested in the results because I am confused with the insistence that the JSB variant is 'better' and wonder whether 'user bias' is creeping in.
    I shall post this as a new thread so more people will possibly see it and respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    Not being funny but has anyone actually done a proper 'blind A-B comparison' test between JSB/AA/Daystate pellets-which on the face of it look the same and come from the same factory? This test is conducted so that the shooter does not know what pellet is being used- only the 'supervisor' of the test. I would be very interested in the results because I am confused with the insistence that the JSB variant is 'better' and wonder whether 'user bias' is creeping in.
    I shall post this as a new thread so more people will possibly see it and respond.
    Although they are all made by JSB AA have a different die than JSC/Daystate/Webleys (which use the same) ... or so I am led to beleive.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunpalmer
    Although they are all made by JSB AA have a different die than JSC/Daystate/Webleys (which use the same) ... or so I am led to beleive.
    http://users.skynet.be/mario.severi/airgunning/JSB.html

... but my information was wrong, or so it seems.

chinstrap Guest
    my mate has tried all kinds of pellets in his tx .177. all or at least most of them were more than acceptable.but the tightest groups of all were with accupel.couldnt tell you what the power output was though.thinking about it,the only ones not tried were jsb,s hth