Thread: History of the airsporter?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

History of the airsporter?

Is there anywhere online that has the history of the airsporter with pictures of all the mks? I had one years ago and i am at the point where I would like one but unsure which mk i want to get!

good morning,the airgunspares website ownedby john knibbs has all/most bsa airgun models and dates,
    also its spares pages have nice technical drawings of the main models,all the best

Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    Is there anywhere online that has the history of the airsporter with pictures of all the mks? I had one years ago and i am at the point where I would like one but unsure which mk i want to get!
    There are a number of big fans on here (including me) who have a mass of collective knowledge (excluding me), regarding the history of most guns. If you search "Airsporter" you'll come up with enough reading material to keep you going for a long time. Many of the threads/posts contain links to brochures and other material.

For pictures and other technical info, you can also go to Chamber's website.

However, if you want to save yourself a lot of agonising over which to get, just buy a decent, unmolested Mk1 or Mk2. You won't get a better Airsporter and you will have one of the nicest looking air rifles ever produced, not to mention the fastest reloading single shot springer ever.

P.S. I'm ever so slightly biased.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    There are a number of big fans on here (including me) who have a mass of collective knowledge (excluding me), regarding the history of most guns. If you search "Airsporter" you'll come up with enough reading material to keep you going for a long time. Many of the threads/posts contain links to brochures and other material.

For pictures and other technical info, you can also go to Chamber's website.

However, if you want to save yourself a lot of agonising over which to get, just buy a decent, unmolested Mk1 or Mk2. You won't get a better Airsporter and you will have one of the nicest looking air rifles ever produced, not to mention the fastest reloading single shot springer ever.

P.S. I'm ever so slightly biased.
    Hello,

I couldn't agree more with the above,especially the Mk1 /Mk 2 recommendation.

Regards
    Brian

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    BSA Airsporters summed up in one sentence !
    " The best Airsporter is the Mk. 1 followed by the Mk. 2 and the most accurate, were the RB2's at the end of the models production run but the most expensive new in 1982 and now secondhand is the Centenary, everything inbetween was not of the same quality apart from the "S" version" !

I've owed all at some time except the S and the Centenary, my personel favourite is the RB2 Carbine .22 !

IMO.
    “An airgun or two”………

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    B
    The best Airsporter is the Mk. 1 followed by the Mk. 2 and the most accurate, were the RB2's at the end of the models production run.
    I agree with that
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

They are the three Airsporter models to have and possibly the MK3,too due to its relative scarcity.

The rest are just junk!

Anyone who has a hankering for a later model Airsporter should by a Mercury instead then there's no need to worry about the misaligned and leaky taps!