Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is the 223 & 22-250 bullet head the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonshoot View Post
    The .223 is a great fox gun as you have found - however it does not allow you to modify it in any way - The .22-250 is a more accurate load especially when loading your own - Full Stop... however too damned loud in certain circumstances and the moderator (at least mine) is not that great. No problem on a winters night but a still summers evening and you will hear it for a couple of miles! With the amount of rounds you are shooting though it will need an inch chopping off the barrel and re-threading/crowning every couple of years as it will wear the end of the rifling.

However with the .22-250 you can modify your loads and drop down to exactly the same spec as the .223 for those quiet nights with no wind and close to occupation - result two rifles in one.... plenty of info online as to how to reload a .22-250 for a lighter load. For those of you who don't reload of course shop bought rounds do not give you this option. Keep the rounds marked with a paint mark on the brass and pick whichever you need for the job.

I am not a fan of night vision optics as they have no place in hunting animals IMHO and does not teach you any fieldcraft - there we are that will have upset a few.....
    It started well with with 223 being a great fox gun..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    It started well with with 223 being a great fox gun..
    Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal1 View Post
    I am not a fan of night vision optics as they have no place in hunting animals IMHO and does not teach you any fieldcraft - there we are that will have upset a few.....

I doubt very much it will upset anyone on here, but it rather shows your ignorance on the matter.
    Well if your farmer, land owners are happy with this, well that's fine.

I Also have certain permissions that the vermin is under control and just need keeping that way with the odd one or two shot,however i have some permissions where rats, rabbits and foxes need sorting as they are causing money problems to the farmer/land owners, seen as rats, rabbits and foxes come out mainly in the dark, this is the best time to control them IMO, best method iv'e found so far is n/v and or thermal to spot with------each to their own.

Dave (warbucks)
    Theoben Rapid MK1 177
    AA S410 22
    Bushnall Scout Range Finder
    Hawk 3 x 9 x 40 m.a.p scopes
    Deben mini pro lamping system

Quote Originally Posted by warbucks View Post
    Well if your farmer, land owners are happy with this, well that's fine.

I Also have certain permissions that the vermin is under control and just need keeping that way with the odd one or two shot,however i have some permissions where rats, rabbits and foxes need sorting as they are causing money problems to the farmer/land owners, seen as rats, rabbits and foxes come out mainly in the dark, this is the best time to control them IMO, best method iv'e found so far is n/v and or thermal to spot with------each to their own.

Dave (warbucks)
    Heathen!

Personally I think if you can't get close enough to touch the quarry with the end of your barrel in broad daylight with the wind up your arse, you simply have no business shooting live quarry in the first place!
    Thanks for looking

That's nice

I think if you need to get that close forget the rifle and put a good knife between your teeth and get in there Bare arse Ghouls style hah haha ha Adrian