Hi

I have come back to airguns in the last year after a break of 10 years, before I had a break I owned various Daystates including an X2 Prestige, X2R Sports, MK3RT MK3 Sport and a MK3ST and they were all brilliant and the support from Daystate was always second to none.

On my return to shooting I stuck with what I knew and picked up a MK4 and could not get on with it at all in fact I returned it to the shop and traded it for a HFT500. Now there was nothing wrong with the HFT500 but my local rfd acquired a MK3RT and after picking it up in the shop it was like being reacquainted with an old friend and needless to say it's now sat here at home with me. My recent experience of Daystate customers service isn't so great I have to say, my MK3 has the old screw in pellet tray and I wanted to replace it with the newer magnetic type so on could also use the magazine. To do this I required the 2 screws that secure the front of the breech Block, I used the contract me section of the Daystate website and also emailed them and after a week of no reply I finally rang them. Only to be told that yes I could get the screws but they would be around £6 each plus postage. Back in the day if I had rung and spoke to I think the lady was called Lynn 2 would have been in the post the next day FOC.

Since then my other half has started shooting and like you she started with a S510 which was a lovely little gun, but she too has now switched to shooting a Daystate in MK4 flavour and she loves it. At my local club there are numerous MK4's, Panthers and Targets and as far as I am aware they are trouble free.

Would I buy a new Daystate, no I don't think I would but I would have no hesitation in buying another good second hand one especially the older (2003 - 2008) guns as Daystate products in that period in my opinion were brilliant.