Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daystate good or 👎

Daystate good or 👎

Hi,

My first post so please be gentle and forgive me if this has been asked before.

I'm new to shooting, recently bought an Airarms s510 and love it, but really wanted a Daystate MK 4, or possibly Airwolf, but was put off but some reports I'd read, not here, that Daystate were unreliable, particularly the electronic, and very poor customer service. Did I hear correctly?

Got no to use it in local gun club indoors, with some hunting.

Kind regards and merry Christmas,

Mr Dee

Welcome to the forum. You did hear correctly...

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I had a Regal, it was lovely!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Daystate

Hi in my opinion if you have a decent accurate 510 stick with it.
    Good or bad Any Daystate will only be a match and I have had both.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

I had a daystate mk3 and loved it with no problems at all but a lot of other people have had problems with their daystates but their real fault lies with their customer service it's terrible and that's one thing that I've heard over and over again and is the main reason for me to come away from daystate to me they are like these phone companies that only care for new customers not exsisting ones

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    How times have changed with new owners!!
    Master Debater

my views on Daystate

Hi

I have come back to airguns in the last year after a break of 10 years, before I had a break I owned various Daystates including an X2 Prestige, X2R Sports, MK3RT MK3 Sport and a MK3ST and they were all brilliant and the support from Daystate was always second to none.

On my return to shooting I stuck with what I knew and picked up a MK4 and could not get on with it at all in fact I returned it to the shop and traded it for a HFT500. Now there was nothing wrong with the HFT500 but my local rfd acquired a MK3RT and after picking it up in the shop it was like being reacquainted with an old friend and needless to say it's now sat here at home with me. My recent experience of Daystate customers service isn't so great I have to say, my MK3 has the old screw in pellet tray and I wanted to replace it with the newer magnetic type so on could also use the magazine. To do this I required the 2 screws that secure the front of the breech Block, I used the contract me section of the Daystate website and also emailed them and after a week of no reply I finally rang them. Only to be told that yes I could get the screws but they would be around £6 each plus postage. Back in the day if I had rung and spoke to I think the lady was called Lynn 2 would have been in the post the next day FOC.

Since then my other half has started shooting and like you she started with a S510 which was a lovely little gun, but she too has now switched to shooting a Daystate in MK4 flavour and she loves it. At my local club there are numerous MK4's, Panthers and Targets and as far as I am aware they are trouble free.

Would I buy a new Daystate, no I don't think I would but I would have no hesitation in buying another good second hand one especially the older (2003 - 2008) guns as Daystate products in that period in my opinion were brilliant.

secretagentmole Guest
    Whoa! Daystate electronics tend to be very reliable. My old Mk 3 only needed a new battery for a new lease of life. The electronic valve release is way quieter than any other sort of PCP too.

What you do have with a Daystate is increased cost of ownership, like a Rolls Royce, they know how to bleeding charge. The answer is to find a local accredited service agent. There is one near me. Their costs are more in line with reality that Daystates.

Main problem is pellets dropping out of the magazine and into the mechanism when cocking with the barrel pointed at any position past horizontal, pointing down fine, pointing up and hello lead in the mechanism. This can lead to all sorts of problems.

Stay well clear ,overpriced overrated crap IMO
    Like mole said be careful of shooting at a angle , i had that problem on a new gun and daystate charged me £16+ I argued it and pointed out it's a design fault
    They did not like what i said ,I can tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dee View Post
    Hi,

My first post so please be gentle and forgive me if this has been asked before.

I'm new to shooting, recently bought an Airarms s510 and love it, but really wanted a Daystate MK 4, or possibly Airwolf, but was put off but some reports I'd read, not here, that Daystate were unreliable, particularly the electronic, and very poor customer service. Did I hear correctly?

Got no to use it in local gun club indoors, with some hunting.

Kind regards and merry Christmas,

Mr Dee
    I have an Airwolf MCT .177 in my collection, it's good but not double the value of a S510 or HW100. Can't comment on customer service as I've never needed it.
    The comments regarding pellets dropping out are true but there are other things that can be overcome that cause it, not just shooting at an angle. If the Mag "0" ring is worn (as on any mag with an 0 ring) the pellet is not held tight. '0' rings are cheap to replace. The main issue is if you fire without the probe in place the pellet blows backwards and blocks the mag actuator, which then jams the mag in. The answer is not to fire with the probe out. Even if you do, its not rocket science getting jammed pellets out, just annoying.

I get over 350 regulated shots per charge, the electronics can be set to warn me when it reaches the low pressure level and lets me carry on shooting. If I use the 10 shot mag, I can set it to tell me when I'm on shot 10. I can see the current pressure digitally if I need to. I can see the shots I've taken since the last charge. Now, I know some won't care less about these extra things, but I find them useful and think having these are worth a little extra, and, I believe Daystate to be the only company can give this. It's a quality piece of kit if you like that kind of thing. And it groups to 5p size at 60yds.

Would I sell it? Not on your life. Would I buy another Daystate? Yes, of course. Would I have it as my only rifle? No chance! I would my HW100 though.

I had 2 Airwolfs but I got rid of both of them and kept my HW100 and 2 BSA Ultras, I had numerous problems with them and Daystate were no help, If I were you I would stick with the 510.
    Lloyd

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I've got the air ranger (so no electronics) and I'm happy with it, I've also owned a Mk 3 and the battery pack did eventually fail - probably my fault for not charging correctly but is a simple fix.
    A few years ago a lot of people who shot HFT owned a Mk 3 or Mk 4 and most shooters seemed happy with Daystates, however in the past couple of years though they have lost popularity for what ever reason . I personally like Daystate and have had good customer support in the past.
    They are at the expensive end of the spectrum of guns and if you have a S510 already you may not see a vast difference apart from the trigger. If you want a Daystate I'd go for the Ranger or Huntsman as they don't have electronic components and so easier to fix/service and require less maintenance.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Owned many, latest was the regal which is a very pretty rifle...thats where it ends.

Quality is terrible, needed much re-working to get a quality rifle.

Now sold, wont ever touch another Daystate.

poor quality over priced rifles..if they spent the money they spend on marketing on quality control they would be the best rifles in the world.

I've always been lucky with my daystates,

My first daystate was an airwolf cdt, it was super accurate and to be honest survived horrible abuse, a car crash and being dropped in a river while attempting a crossing! Granted i needed a new stock after crash as the two piece design wasnt for me! Had it years and although not a good thing its never been serviced and makes a consistent 11.1ish ftlbs and still pin point accurate,

Then i bought an airwolf mct, its much more pampered and looked after but yet again no problems at all in 2 years,

Also bought a wolverine c type when they first came out, it was back to dealer within 3 days and took my cash back, had more chance of consistently grouping by throwing the rifle at target, hated it. Maybe i just had a bad one?

I do love daystate rifles but from what i hear the after service can be terrible, but luckily ive not had to deal with that,

At the end of the day an s510 is a bloody good rifle and really i wouldnt say a airwolf etc is mich better accuracy wise, but you might prefer the electronic firing, i know i do!

Pre Mk3 Daystates were good solid rifles.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.