Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daystate good or 👎

I got offered a s/h 2013 MK4is S in excellent condition and fully rigged at a reasonable price in 2015/04 and couldn't resist.

Shot count today is 4001, I never experienced any problem whatsoever and it shoots like a laser.

Here some information:
    JSB Exact 4,52 / 8,44 gr
    773,0 fps
    11,2 fpe
    13,5 fps / 1,7% max dev
    3,6 fps std dev

Won't miss it!

This discussion will carry on!I had a Ranger F.A.C non electronic version about 6 months old and power issues.
    A quick call to the company and it was sorted,however they fixed the issue perfectly and in a timely manner but said they couldn't find any issues.
    The point is there was a problem alright!!but to be fair Daystate resolved it with zero cost.
    That was a few years back,don't own any Daysates for now though!!
    H.T.H
    Last edited by maxtich; 23-12-2016 at 02:29 PM.

If you've shot a Daystate electronic trigger rifle, you'll wish other manufacturers done the same type of trigger.
    Bit of a Marmite manufacturer, and I like Marmite.

The chance of ever owning an electronic gun got well and truly buried when I pulled up at a perm with my mate, the field was littered with rabbits and my mate pulls out his new, expensive, laminate Daystate Pulsar.. takes aim and.. nothing!

Oh, what do you do now! Get the hex keys out and remove the stock, see if the trigger rod has come adrift... err obviously not.

There follows a period of turning things on and off, messing about until it comes back to life.

Give me something I can completely dismantle and repair thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    The chance of ever owning an electronic gun got well and truly buried when I pulled up at a perm with my mate, the field was littered with rabbits and my mate pulls out his new, expensive, laminate Daystate Pulsar.. takes aim and.. nothing!

Oh, what do you do now! Get the hex keys out and remove the stock, see if the trigger rod has come adrift... err obviously not.

There follows a period of turning things on and off, messing about until it comes back to life.

This is the other reason i don't prefer the electronic versions!!

Very reliable

I have three Daystates a Harrier X .177 gives 60accurate shots.
    Daystate Huntsman Classic .22 30 shots at FAC very accurate.
    A MK4 is that I bought second hand .177 and serviced by Daystate serviced five years ago just elegant and sweet to shoot.

I have had great pleasure from shooting all of these with no major issues a few minor tweaks to magazines that's all.

lucky? Perhaps and I do know of issues with the Wolverine a friend of mine had but now fixed.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post

I always take a springer with my PCP (Non Electric) just in case.
    Master Debater

I have had a mk3 two mk4s a huntsman classic and a regal, only problems I had with most of them was magazines, indexing and accuracy.
    I have settled on a AA 510 ultimate spotter, the shot count is not great but it's very accurate with magazine and single loading and a breeze to service.

Mr Dee,

If the best part of £1500.00 is burning a hole in your pocket then no matter what people say you are going to buy that rifle. If the question is whether a Daystate can do something that your present PCP can't then the answer is no, save your money. I have PCPs from all the ususal suspects so no axe to grind one way or the other.

A.G

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough
    I have a Daystate Pulsar 0.22 FAC 35 ft-lb and, without doubt, it is by far the most accurate of the many FAC pcp's that I have been fortunate enough to own over the years.

As for customer service; Daystate have been brilliant.
    Al

Had a Mk3 and it was pretty much faultless, changed the batteries once in 5 years, sold it to buy a Pro Target.

: Daystate good or 👎

I'd say the older guns are much better although the mk3's accuracy & efficeincy had me gobsmacked when I had an old .22 one on loan. if it hadn't been too heavy for me I'd have that now too. I have a .177 merlyn x2r regged & an early huntsman classic in .22 & the only problem i've had is with the huntsman shroud having to be shortened to get good accuracy with a long silencer. Mags have been fine new type even better to load but older ones can be modded the same, easy to load without a seating tool.

Don't want my post to come across totally dismissive, I can see the appeal and I can imagine a lot of people have enjoyed excellent reliability.

But.. for me it's about not being able to fix something with hand tools. I like to think my son will get my airguns and he'll be able to fix them with a basic tool kit.

One thing though, anyone with a daystate that takes AA batteries don't use alkaline batteries! I've just repaired a friend's petzl head torch as alkalines leaked and ruined the wiring.

At least get yourself some eneloops. AFAIK the batteries can stay in there a long time so I'd advise against alkalines. From the pics I've seen they always seem to come with the cheapest wholesale alkaline batteries too.

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Mr Dee,

If the best part of £1500.00 is burning a hole in your pocket then buy a steyr. If the question is whether a Daystate can do something that your present PCP can't then the answer is no, save your money. I have PCPs from all the ususal suspects so no axe to grind one way or the other.

A.G
    Fixed it for you

If I were buying something that expensive then it would be a Steyr.. I personally feel you get a whole lot more for your cash.

Buy a DS second hand.., I did & I like it it's beautiful, it works well mag is a bit annoying but I'm using single shot at the moment.
    . I can't help keep thinking that an hw100 or a 510 might be better though... Which says to me that they ain't all that.
    Save your cash I say and buy something that is DEFINITELY a cut above the rest or go huntsman/ranger second hand
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Hi Mr Dee,

And a very warm welcome to the forum.

Lots of nice, knowledgeable people on here.

I can't really comment on the Daystate question, but if you're already happy with the 510 and fancy an extra gun, why not consider a springer?

It'll be a lovely compliment to your PCP and will help keep your technique honest. Self contained and full of character, too.

Consider rifles from the Air Arms, Diana, Walther and Weihrauch stables.

Enjoy the forum.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!