Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daystate good or 👎

I Love Daystates

HI, I Love Daystates i have now had 22 daystates of them going back to the LR90 a old Bullpup and only had 2 faulty ones,i keep hereing how good this and that is but i allways go back to daystate The accuricy is second to none and i am obcesed with accuricy so my mates keep telling me ,but its like every thing if it works for you keep it all make have had get there faults , i have read about a lot Air arms loesing air and HW 100 and Bsa air guns , i am been honest here its the look of the draw as you dont here from the good points just the bad. GOOD LUCK with your choice. bob.

there are 2 rules when it comes to daystate
    no1 there are no problems with their air rifles
    no2 there are no problems with their air rifles
    my mk3 had the usual pellets falling behind the bolt and then not working.mk4,s had problems with the mag,s.one guy i know had to pay for 6 new ones to get one that would work properly.another person i know had one that was way over the limit.the gun was sent to daystate who said nothing to see here but the gun came back at 11ft/lbs not the 13.8ft/lbs that it was producing

Hi

I had (have) a HW 100 in .22, and decided to treat myself to a Daystate Wolverine B in .177. The gun shop ordered it for me, I was there to collect but they wouldn't let me have it and decided to return it to Daystate after trying to set it up. Before i'd even got my mitts on it. Daystate kindly quickly replaced the gun with a nicer stock and threw in some goodies and apologised. Still shouldn't have happened. When I got it cocking was not smooth and the magazine didn't cycle to the last pellet. I have an Air Arms Ultimate Sporter, no problems experienced, very happy. Would I buy a Dayste again, No. I now consider them overpriced, with poor quality control. Living off their past reputation.

Bluesboydave

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Your always going to get a love/hate relationship with Daystate - no idea as to the actual reason, both "sides" will give a different version. Personally I've owned dozens, never had a bad one or any serious problems, never had electrics fail, never experienced bad customer service - but I've only contacted them once I think So I don't get where the other side of the fence gets it's info. - but I have no reason to believe they are making it up, but I do know it's not a clean cut argument, take this whole thread with a pinch of salt.

My best advice it to go for something with the right spec for the job - targets/hunting etc. Select the calibre you want and try a few to see how you get on with them if possible. A club is good for this kind of thing. I'm not just talking Daystate here, there are loads of god guns out there. Some people will slate me for suggesting you get one which looks good, claiming performance is more important - to me you can have both, you don't go looking for an ugly wife because she's a good cook

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I've only owned one Daystate, it was a beautiful LR90, way back in the 90,s.If I were to get another, I would definitely be looking at there older models

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Your always going to get a love/hate relationship with Daystate - no idea as to the actual reason, both "sides" will give a different version. Personally I've owned dozens, never had a bad one or any serious problems, never had electrics fail, never experienced bad customer service - but I've only contacted them once I think So I don't get where the other side of the fence gets it's info. - but I have no reason to believe they are making it up, but I do know it's not a clean cut argument, take this whole thread with a pinch of salt.

My best advice it to go for something with the right spec for the job - targets/hunting etc. Select the calibre you want and try a few to see how you get on with them if possible. A club is good for this kind of thing. I'm not just talking Daystate here, there are loads of god guns out there. Some people will slate me for suggesting you get one which looks good, claiming performance is more important - to me you can have both, you don't go looking for an ugly wife because she's a good cook

James
    I have never had the need to contact Daystate for anything as yet but I have sent Airms 3 emails regarding a simple question ( to purchase a part ) and have not had a reply yet. I have 4 air rifles From Air Arms.
    I once sent an email to HW regarding a matter and next day recieved a reply from Mr Weirauch himself.
    Does the lack of response from AA mean that their guns are bad, no they are actually quite good. It is just a matter of bad manners I think.

A.G

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I have never had the need to contact Daystate for anything as yet but I have sent Airms 3 emails regarding a simple question ( to purchase a part ) and have not had a reply yet. I have 4 air rifles From Air Arms.
    I once sent an email to HW regarding a matter and next day recieved a reply from Mr Weirauch himself.
    Does the lack of response from AA mean that their guns are bad, no they are actually quite good. It is just a matter of bad manners I think.

A.G
    I find email is the worst way to ask anybody anything.

A quick phone call gets answers instantly.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Me too it's the quickest way!

Quote Originally Posted by maxtich View Post
    Me too it's the quickest way!
    I know quite a few people who will the get the sack from their jobs if they didn't answer an email.

A.G

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I know quite a few people who will the get the sack from their jobs if they didn't answer an email.

A.G
    Maybe if there job title is "Email Answerer"

But I doubt AA have anybody with that job title.
    Master Debater

Go to a few gun clubs most will have daystate shooters there new and old try there guns don't ask on forums problems get magnified ten fold one reader reads a gun on another forum has a small problem it then gets posted often other forums and so on. Me personally I've must of been very lucky as never had a bad one I've been far more unlucky with air arms guns . All guns have probs every brand it's how the probs delt with which counts would I pay near 2k for a New daystate no way but I'd have no issue buying any of them second hand if I could test befor hand

From what I've heard there are some very good daystates out there (typically the older ones) but they are just so hit and miss, overpriced and I too have heard horror stories of their customer service. Why take the risk when there are so many great guns out there with manufacturers who actually take care of their customers?

I have a Daystate Huntsman Mk2 and, while I cannot comment on the newer models, this is the best air rifle I have owned. It shoots far better than I do, looks and handles great with no unreliability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by oling View Post
    From what I've heard there are some very good daystates out there (typically the older ones) but they are just so hit and miss, overpriced and I too have heard horror stories of their customer service. Why take the risk when there are so many great guns out there with manufacturers who actually take care of their customers?

Horror stories of there customer service really !!! Is that from face to face or just read off the Internet as I think of any one who's been shafted by there customer service , I'd go as ar as say one the best company service I know unless it's changed scince they sold to Diahna