Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Daystate good or 👎

My old MK3 and the Ripper were the best two rifles I ever owned. I'd have another MK3 in a flash if I still shot rifles

Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    Horror stories of there customer service really !!! Is that from face to face or just read off the Internet as I think of any one who's been shafted by there customer service , I'd go as ar as say one the best company service I know unless it's changed scince they sold to Diahna
    Well the stories came from a few folks at local air gun clubs I was at, so face to face.

My experience of Daystate has been very poor. Both quality control and customer service and I've bought a few because I fell for the hype.
    To me, a manufacturer who has a universally recognised problem with it's magazine system yet still charges top money for their rifles is taking the mickey.
    Lowly old BSA and Air Arms have sorted their mag problems but Daystate just keep churning out poorly performing rifles and charging because they have nice stocks.
    Trust me mate, theres a certain kind of person that thinks that if they pay a lot of money they get a lot of gun. They don't.
    The older Daystates, from what I can gather, were much better.
    If I won a new Daystate tomorrow in a competition I'd be chuffed, because I'd flog it and buy a decent pcp.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Maybe if there job title is "Email Answerer"

But I doubt AA have anybody with that job title.
    They have a customer service dept and a large CONTACT US button on their site. Clicking the button will open an email dialog and the usual stuff. Their choice not mine. So I guess that they had better read the emails people sent them or just leave a phone number with someone at the other end to answer.

A.G

My old Huntsman Mk1 and 2 were accurate and reliable so was my PH6.
    Not had anything newer though.
    Bought my first Rapid after those,then that was it ..no more other hunting guns.
    I rate them,but the Rapids are better to use in the field and I prefer their simplicity.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

I have an airwolf mct not had it long but absolutely love it ordered a few parts from daystate for it just over a week ago and they came before Xmas so was quite pleased with how quickly they sent stuff out

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    My old Huntsman Mk1 and 2 were accurate and reliable so was my PH6.
    Not had anything newer though.
    Bought my first Rapid after those,then that was it ..no more other hunting guns.
    I rate them,but the Rapids are better to use in the field and I prefer their simplicity.
    My Huntsman XL is super accurate. 3/8" 10 shots groups at 50 yards is good enough for me. I would have thought that if there were any questions over the Daystate guns, accuracy would certainly not be one of them but it seems that some people claim to have accuracy problem with LW match grade barrels. Makes you think though doesn't it?

A.G

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Always haters, some never owned or really used one, some people say best thing since sliced bread.
    Ignore the worst, ignore the best and look for the reviews in the middle, usually abit more sensible.
    Had a MK4 and still got a Platinum, both well out shoot my ability, and never had a problem with either, would I buy another Daystate - yes - if the type of rifle I wanted was avaliable at the time, but spending that sort of money I would also be looking at Steyr and Feinwerkbau, who turn out some awesome rifles.
    BSA Airsporter MK1, SMK 20, Brocock Enigma, Daystate MK4 IS S with Mamba Lite 4-16x44
    all in .22. Daystate Platinum with Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x44

Daystate or stick with s510

Hi,

Really appreciate the time and trouble you all have taken to reply. Seems like the s510 it is.

Kind regards,

Mr Dee

For what it's worth I've owned both and don't recall having a problem with the Daystates :
    Grandprix
    Mk4
    Mk4 fac
    Regal
    Other than usual servicing etc. and the girls and Tony Belas have been great. Maybe it's all different now under the new company group?
    Had airarms too :
    EV2 mk2
    HFT 500
    Ultimate sporter
    Only recall having problems with the HFT being over the legal limit from new and having a interesting conversation with the manager at AA over the merrits of AT on a competition gun!!!
    Along the way I've had a couple of steyr Lg110s and now I only have the HFT 110 and the H5 manual as I belive they're easier to work on when required and have longevity for parts. They are also imo the best to shoot.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500