Happy new year folks.

I got myself a small tin of Gamo lead bb's from Ramsbottom, very fast delivery, highly impressed!

Having now tried them against Umarex steel at various power levels and single/double-action, I have definitely concluded that the 2.5 Dan Wesson makes a suitable paper weight.

Having said that, it likes the lead bb's at a higher power and the steel one's lower. The spread was the least when using Gamo lead, the H&N behaved more like steel, which makes me think that the calibre clearance has the greatest influence on accuracy with a very short barrel.

In double-action, the DW hammer does not come back as far, so power was lower on these shots and accuracy suffered with Gamo lead. I know that DA usually affects accuracy, but for these tests, I was braced, two handed hold and pulling the trigger in 'stages' to keep the gun as still as possible.

You may notice that I have carefully avoided using the word 'group', I do not want to give the impression that where the bb's go is anything more than random!

Cheers,

Mark.