Thread: Park Rifle Company Moderator needed.

Park Rifle Company Moderator needed.

Park Rifle Company.

I have a Park 91 and just picked up a Park 93 Walnut Thumbhole; both not a long way from mint. The former has a moderator, the latter a thread cap. Anyhow, did Park make their own moderators or are they just an off the shelf? Anyone have one going spare?? Thread size anyone as I can't get my mod off?

I'll get some pictures up sometime this week. Both .177, both tac drive.

Park rh

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Park Rifle Company.

I have a Park 91 and just picked up a Park 93 Walnut Thumbhole; both not a long way from mint. The former has a moderator, the latter a thread cap. Anyhow, did Park make their own moderators or are they just an off the shelf? Anyone have one going spare?? Thread size anyone as I can't get my mod off?

Wud VERY, much like to,buy one! Plse!
    John
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

A Park moderator or a Park rifle?

Mounts

Mine has a one piece mount fitted, with period scope....but the mount has park engraved on it also....sorry no spare silencer

On a search I found a picture of a Park 93 package with all the toys. Mod, mounts and Silver Antler scope.
    Would like a good picture of the mounts.

The Air Logic Genesis could have Air Logic mounts and branded scope for the absolute purist. Not sure its required for The Parks. Venom did some branded stuff too. Think I'll have to dig out my 1991-1995 airgun mags to see what Park advertising was being done. Frankly, I just like the way they shoot... pretty ugly gun though.. and a bit heavy, but then they are a springer behaving like a PCP!

Ah well...i have a Genesis ( i have had a few....i like ssp) and it has the 4 - 16 scope on it....i have mosquito mounts but not fitted as they are offset and i cant honestly see the point....i think there are a few 'purists ' on here....for that just read 'old'

Had a Genesis and a superb engineering feat they are; but just not for me. Same with the Sterling.
    Agreed, the Logic mount was for a problem that didn't exist, well just not necessary.

Branded stuff gives more for the collector to look out for, but much are really not that important. BSA and Webley scopes spring to mind as often as not they bought few in or even forgot to order them in that year??!!?? Or they all ended up in one shop? For all the advertising I've found few of the useful specked ones, though plenty of the low powered not much cop ones. Think at one time both BSA and Webley were too old school and couldn't see what advantage a scope gave. Scope up a MKIII and see how shockingly poor they are beyond farmyard ranges.

Anyhow, anyone know where to get a Park moderator?

Park RH93 moderator

Park Rifle Company.

Hi,
    I bought my Park 93 with walnut thumbhole stock in its original box with a moderator included. There is no marking on the outside of the moderator. It appears like its a basic expansion chamber with what looks like a coiled spring and one baffle.
    The thread diameter is 7/16, it has an O ring that it screws up against on the threaded barrel.
    I would hazard a guess that it was made by Park and it works well on the .22 barrel I have. The difference with and without is quite noticeable.
    Cheers

Here are my pair. Both fitted with B&L Scopes of the correct period. Again they both tac drive.
    Sorry for the poor pictures but they were taken with flash only; will do better when I get some sun light. Also both are a bit oiled up for the winter storage.
    http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...9/IMGP8708.jpg
    http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...9/IMGP8718.jpg
    http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...9/IMGP8704.jpg

Thanks dvd, what I thought, thanks for the thread size too.

There are a few differences between the 91 and 93. Cocking lever latch, the safety for two. The moderator does make a difference but Parks aren't exactly noisy. The beech stock is a good bit lighter. The safety on the 93 is well done. I haven't touched the triggers yet but the 91 is a good bit lighter at present; both are very good triggers.
    Heavy, ugly, but they give my Venom 77 a run or its money on pellet on pellet; the 77 isn't exactly light weight either.
    Last edited by Muskett; 30-12-2016 at 05:50 PM.

Here are my pair. Both fitted with B&L Scopes of the correct period. Again they both tac drive.
    Sorry for the poor pictures but they were taken with flash only; will do better when I get some sun light. Also both are a bit oiled up for the winter storage.
    http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...9/IMGP8708.jpg
    http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...9/IMGP8718.jpg
    http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...9/IMGP8704.jpg

Thanks dvd, what I thought, thanks for the thread size too.

There are a few differences between the 91 and 93. Cocking lever latch, the safety for two. The moderator does make a difference but Parks aren't exactly noisy. The beech stock is a good bit lighter. The safety on the 93 is well done. I haven't touched the triggers yet but the 91 is a good bit lighter at present; both are very good triggers.
    Heavy, ugly, but they give my Venom 77 a run or its money on pellet on pellet; the 77 isn't exactly light weight either.
    My Park 93 has an adequate trigger, its OK for the sporter it was intended to be, but my 10 m guns spoil me with their triggers!
    It is one hole accurate at up to 20m in 5.5mm calibre, it is a very smooth firing gun and recoiless of course.
    My Diana 66 springer comes very very close to it and at 10m there is nothing between them
    I had the opportunity to fit and shoot a Wiehrauch 4.5mm calibre barrel in the same gun and it did seem to become a bit harsher and not as accurate at extended range as the Lothar 5.5mm barrel it came with.

The only thing I would change is the design of the under-lever, it functions well enough but aesthetically is a disaster and something similar to the HW77's underlever would have been more pleasing on the eye, simpler and perhaps less taxing on the user.

All in all I think it is one of the most underrated spring airguns of all time and truly unique in its mechanical concept of recoil elimination. Hats off to the late Roy Hutchinson.