Thread: Powder Price

Powder Price

Jesus, it's gone up quite a bit!

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR

powder

65 quid for kilo viht 140 my end dundee

Settle on a Viht powder and buy it in bulk! 3.5kg worked out at £58 / kg for the last lot I bought.

I just bought all my consumables for the next 2 or 3 years as I had the money and figure things are only going up!!
    Thanks for looking

just bought some n133 of our clubs rfd at £70 but the shops are charging £80+ and that is going up another £5 at least.looks like i will be selling the .223 as it is not a pleasure to shoot when i think about being shafted like that.looks like i will get a .22magnum/7.63x39 and use factory ammo and shoot a lot less after all of my supplies have run out

I am now priced out, so trying to make my own Black Powder.

Starting with making the Nitrate the old way, pissing on an old hessian mattress for the next 3 years....

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ZaksGod View Post
    just bought some n133 of our clubs rfd at £70 but the shops are charging £80+ and that is going up another £5 at least.looks like i will be selling the .223 as it is not a pleasure to shoot when i think about being shafted like that.looks like i will get a .22magnum/7.63x39 and use factory ammo and shoot a lot less after all of my supplies have run out
    What twist is the .223? If it will stabilise 69 gr bullets switch to n140 and buy in bulk. Or switch to .22 hornet instead of .22 mag, a lb of powder will do 500 plus rounds and it will knock spots off a .22 mag for about 5p more a round.
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Settle on a Viht powder and buy it in bulk! 3.5kg worked out at £58 / kg for the last lot I bought.

I just bought all my consumables for the next 2 or 3 years as I had the money and figure things are only going up!!
    I've done the same.... collecting a load of powders at the shooting show. My question is, how many primers are enough?

Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    I've done the same.... collecting a load of powders at the shooting show. My question is, how many primers are enough?
    About 3000 for me! Just giving murom LR primers a go and seem ok so far which is excellent at £19/1000.
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    What twist is the .223? If it will stabilise 69 gr bullets switch to n140 and buy in bulk. Or switch to .22 hornet instead of .22 mag, a lb of powder will do 500 plus rounds and it will knock spots off a .22 mag for about 5p more a round.
    my rem 700 has a 1 in 12 and does not like 69gr.just getting out of shooting prone as i prefer to shoot standing.the .22mag/7.62x39 will be used to shoot steel plate

my rem 700 has a 1 in 12 and does not like 69gr.just getting out of shooting prone as i prefer to shoot standing.the .22mag/7.62x39 will be used to shoot steel plate
    my .223 will stabilise 55grn Vmax and I can use N140 with them, its also a 1 in 12
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

i know its a pain that the powder has gone up but its still a lot cheaper than factory ammo and more accurate loading my own.

Also if the powder goes up, does the factory rounds not increase in line with the powder??
    Without curiosity, evolution would have been greatly flawed.....

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    i know its a pain that the powder has gone up but its still a lot cheaper than factory ammo and more accurate loading my own.

Also if the powder goes up, does the factory rounds not increase in line with the powder??
    No idea, I can't remember the last time I bought factory CF, I was in a local fairly well known gunshop before Christmas and they were telling someone that all ammo inc. cartridges were going up 15% in January!
    Thanks for looking

Well if that's the case a semi auto .22 mag and adamant's 7.62x39 straight pull AK up for grabs in the sales section will be spot on. I'm buying S&B WMR FMJ for £22/100 at the moment
    Thanks for looking

Just been to my favourite reloading RFD and seen that this side of Christmas / New year that the price of Viht has gone up another £5 per tub, typically now £81.20 It was only £65 a tub last summer, I wonder what the price will be Christmas 2017?

Not sure what deals will be had on anything come the shooting show 2017 in 4 weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    Just been to my favourite reloading RFD and seen that this side of Christmas / New year that the price of Viht has gone up another £5 per tub, typically now £81.20 It was only £65 a tub last summer, I wonder what the price will be Christmas 2017?

Not sure what deals will be had on anything come the shooting show 2017 in 4 weeks time.
    £65 is pretty cheap, its been £74 / kg locally for ages its now gone up to £84.00 ouch! Glad I bought 3.5 kg before Christmas, I can definitely see me shooting the .223 over the .308 for target use that's for sure!!
    Thanks for looking